Better than Ligasure?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COV is scared shitless of this, if only due to price erosion. Nothing will surpass Ligasure in terms of efficacy but that's due more to the limits of heat transfer and the thermal properties of tissue rather than the Ligasure itself. 7mm is the limit and, even then, no doc in his right mind would ever try it. If this is in the same neighborhood as Ligasure concerning thermal spread and, less importantly, speed, price will carry the day.

All that said, I wouldn't bet anything on this company making a rock-solid generator or sealer.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's typical Applied Medical corporate ethos: sell on price only, put out a product that doesn't kill a patient, and is "clinically acceptable." I can't wait to see how dr's respond to this disaster. When you're dealing with sealing vessels and it COULD be a matter of life or death, dr's will be less apt to check off your box of "acceptable/tolerable". It's a sad day when monkeys could sell one of your products on price alone. A dr isn't going to kill a patient due to using a trocar or Alexis wound retractor, but they COULD if your device doesn't stop the bleeding.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone is a tool to think Applied's product couldn't seal a vessel as effectively as Ligasure. It's total nonsense. Ligasure seals then cuts. Takes forever: hey surgeon when you hear the beep you can cut meanwhile the Harmonic buzzes through nicely. Seal cut, seal cut = slow. Ligasure ain't that great. Ligasure is an overpriced vessel sealer. After a couple cuts the jaws can get stuck together, eschar all over the place. Happens with the V, the advance, the impact all the time. Works like crap on heavy cases. Tech is constantly cleaning the jaws...what a pain... A vessel sealer is just one of many tools used to coagulate, and cut through fatty tissue. Most energy devices can do it and much faster. Applied will have no problem taking a nice slice of both harmonic and Ligasure business. The pricing only makes it so much sweeter. Stop drinking the kool aid. Soon you will be begging to work for us but that's ok because we like Covidien!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you take your own advice and stop drinking the Kool Aid. So you're implying Applied is coming out with a new and "innovative" vessel sealing device? Tell me it has a self-cleaning function!! Riiiiiiiight, and I'm Santa Claus

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like I hit a nerve! Whoever said it needed to be innovative. Just needs to seal and cut well and it's much less expensive then yours.

Checkmate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a Yugo car salesman. Hey doc, it just needs to get you from point A to point B and it's much less expensive than your current car. Honestly Doc, why would anyone pay more for anything? You should buy the cheapest toilet paper, cell phone, TV, windows, appliances, clothes, etc. Why not, they all do the same thing. No need to worry about overall value Mr. hospital admin. You'll have more reps than you can imagine and may even have the pleasure of meeting one of our tenured ethical managers.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on.....this is why Applied will never be taken seriously by hospitals or surgeons. I worked here a couple yrs ago, realized what a shitshow it was and left after a yr for greener pastures (yes, they do exist). You can tell what posts on here are from Applied's mgmt. they are actually PROUD to be cheap. They will inevitably fail.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied is the Kmart, Bradlees, or Payless D
    Shoes of the medical device world. How'd they all end up?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread is funny. The real question should be "Better than Enseal, Altrus, Gyrus or Thunderbeat?" cause they've already been in the materials manager's office with promises of cost savings over Ligasure.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mickey Mouse here again. Good point above poster! Nobody cares about Applied's cheap crappy products thats don't work. Donald and Daffy Duck say Applied is too late to the "Cheapest Price Wins" Game.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is EXACTLY how Applied's managers think. I also believe it is what is wrong with ANY company. To sell solely on price isn't selling. Any credible sales manager will tell you that. I've been a successful sales manager for almost 10 yrs, and when you go into an account thinking you can win based on the fact your product is cheaper, you are inevitably setting yourself up for failure. Throw in the fact most doctors will happily throw you out of a hospital at a moments notice and the majority of the surgeons won't go to bat for you, you're fighting an uphill battle.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't wait to see what kind of clusterf*#k corporate drums up for the role plays. I'm excited to get in front of my ZM and start spewing out complete lies!!!! "hey doc, I know you hate our trocars (balloons and fios), I know you've had some bad experiences with both our clip appliers, and I'm sorry about the time our retrieval bag broke when you were taking out that gall bladder a few months ago, but I PROMISE you we got it right with this great new energy device!" ROTFLMAO. This company is so comical I hope I'm gone before I have to sit through another unrealistic role play scenario.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have your district managers find a way to get free samples. Then observe a couple cases free of charge what better way to take the bitterness away from charging for product trial. The role plays are effective and personal observation with surgeon approval is the best experience to develop a real opinion as to the product's quality. That's a way to win the account while playing by Applieds rules of ethics.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does the product have to be free?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up Sean. Get off your ivory tower

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't answer.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares! Applied is 4-5 years too late to the party. Every OR has a Triad or harmonic box already. Olympus is giving their box away to get whatever business they can. It will take Applied another two years to figure out the capital process, by the time they do figure it out they will have pissed off every OR Dir, CFO, and Dir. Mat. Mgt they will have NO shot at getting any business!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same argument was made for trocars. It's a commodity, nobody will buy it, Ethicon owns the market, waa waa waa.....

a.) you're never too late to the game.
    2.) why the hell do you care anyhow? You don't have to sell it, or work for Applied for that matter.