2012 Retiree Healthcare Costs

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"WOW!"

I am in shock!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Epi-pen script.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's so shocking??
    Details please?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Approximately a 300% premium increase. How bout you?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes....the same increase for me. Not surprised. Didn't figure a great thing would last forever.
    Still it's a good deal vs. paying for an individual policy. Don't ya think?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Almost 400% here. What happened to being under the Wyeth umbrella?? That sure didn't last long!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the most difficult parts of parting ways with Wyeth about 9 years ago just past my 50th birthday was not getting the retiree health insurance. At that point this benefit was of high value.Looking back now it seems that it doesn't matter, it's clear that Pfizer has every intention of gradually eroding it so it's worth next to nothing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#7, what you said is unfortunately true. Promises not kept.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Main issue is will Legacy Wyeth be put into the Pfizer plan with the retiree medical subsidy (RMS account) in 2012. HR is giving no answers. This plan is garbage

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless I'm mistaken, I think it is a done deal, poster number 9. Thought Wyeth negotiated a better ending!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Costs rose 45%, but not as much as paperwork sent home suggested. Why the scare ahead of time??? 45% better than almost 400%.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40-45% increase on premiums for me also. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as I was lead to believe. Still a great deal for retirees. :)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It all depends on when you retired. I retired in 1995 due to disability retirement. the more recent retirees are getting the shaft more. The 2012 Legacy Wyeth enrollment booklet for pre 2003 retirees has cost for me and my wife at just $80/mo. includes vision, hearing aids,free Pfizer and Greenstone rx's. Probably by next year it will start to really go up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS IS DESIGNED TO HURT.....THIS IS DESIGNED TO HURT....AS THE COMMERCIAL GOES....

BUT I found an interesting article MAYBE SOMETHING CAN COME OF THIS

www.essentialarticle.com/story.aspx?articleid=7395

Interesting read on proposed BILL HR 1322 is an attempt to prevent companies from doing

exactly what PFIZER DID since they now have the OK from the courts