Two week notice advice

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 10:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does your manager check you out right away? Was thinking of double dipping for 1 week
    Or so bit am afraid my manager will make me work or check out on last day of 2 week notice. If that happens can I use vacation and not work?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once you give your two weeks, they will check you out immediately. You will, however, get paid for the next two weeks. Save your vacation. They will pay you for it once you leave. Give your two weeks notice, you'll be fine.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So no way they will make me work or check out the last day of notice??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would check on this.

I did this when I left my last employer.

I thought I would be paid for the vacation time...no biggie.

Yes, paid...yet TAXED at a higher rate due to "unused" vacation.

Better safe than sorry!

Best of luck to you! Hope you are changing industries!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I always wondered about giving a month or even 3 months notice. I know they will check you out imm. iately but do they pay you for the remainder?

if not, and they only pay for 2 weeks, that is in effect being termi ated because we are salaried. So if terminated, then does the severance pay kick in? They must pay it if terminated without committing some heinous bad act. Not many people know about this.

if anything, it's a good law school exam question.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it's law that they are only obligated to pay you for two weeks.

Be careful about double dipping. It will come up on detailed background checks in the future and an employee can decide your character is flawed and not hire you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not double dip. Do not. And I left Pfizer some time ago- gave two week notice and was given the go-ahead to work all of it. Which I did.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wondered if it was an HR decision or your relationship with your manager?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you start on a Monday give notice on previous Friday. You will be checked out immediately and be paid for the two weeks. If it ever comes up in the future you can say you could not risk losing your health insurance. It will never come up. I have done this three times and I simply list my tenure in the months/Year. Good Luck to you.