HR confidentiality?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 12, 2014 at 2:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why go to HR? You can call the Snitch Compliance line anonymously. The OP only had a question for the HR ass to see if there was shenanigans. You could get better results just reporting it anonymously.

Or the Compliance dept. will likely follow the confidentiality "rule" much better than some internal HR moron.

Or just go directly to a Pfizer attorney. They will treat it very seriously, like a murder case. If the manager in question even tries to retaliate after it is all over and they survive the scrutiny, the investigating attorney will have a hard on going after him/her. They will take it personally. This alone should scare the shit out of the manager and prevent them from screwing with you. Because, they didn't get to where they were by pissing off the wrong people. The only way they could retaliate and maybe get back at you is to blacken your name when trying to advance to management with other managers behind the scenes. That may come back to bite them in the ass, too.

Plus, why would you want to move up in this company, they lay them off with much higher odds than reps. Moving up in management is like career Russian roulette.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Snitches get stitches.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Play HR like a fiddle. Since they are there to protect and serve management. REport, document, ask for a review of your employee file every year to be sure your issue is on record. Then take up with appropriate legal authorities as you plan your way out, showing the paper trail of the do-nothingness and retaliation that came your way consequently.

Might as well get something out if it. AND report on compliance line. Shoot. Take not prisnors

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What "legal authorities"?

If your issue is a violation of criminal laws, then yes contact the legal authorities.

If your issue is worthy of a Qui Tam lawsuit, then yes contact the legal authorities.

If your issue is a hostile work environment, or an internal rule breaking management miscreant, then there are no legal authorities upon whom to snitch.

Demanding things from HR just puts a target on your head.

Pick your battles wisely.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They may have shared de-identified information to get to the bottom of the issue.

The Regional may have deduced the source.

If the Regional says something to the effect, I know you did this and you say how did you know, you just confirmed it. I would've feigned complete ignorance. Know what?

You know what I mean?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This happened to me too. A senior leader told me that he wasn't sure they needed someone in my geography 3 months after I was hired by another manager. I called HR to ask if he could let me go and was told yes if he decided that he felt there was no business need. I asked them not to tell him I had asked and they said okay. He asked me a week later why I went to HR. My life has been difficult since then to say the least..