Terminated

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2014 at 5:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone terminated from 10/25-present? Inquiry into strategy to dump high salaried employees post federal warn period.....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another journalist? Uggghhhh.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely happened where I am, and I was the rep kept.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm an ex employee, meeting with attorney on Monday 12/15 to discuss wrongful termination suit coupled with discrimination and company violation of own policies.....it was brought to my attention about Pfizer firing employees post severance wave and if this is happening elsewhere then litigation will ensue.....any information is helpful- thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, good luck with that...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guy writes like an attorney. Looks like he's fishing for stories and witnesses.

I must admit that Pfizer is playing games, by not complying honestly with EEOC rules and laws, when they "re-organize". It would be nice for someone to shove it back up the evil "jerks'" asses who think they're cute playing with our careers.

Hey Esquire, how about suing the fuckers individually, as well as Pfizer? Only then would these pricks fear being dishonest again for the next re-org. You can easily pierce the corporate veil when you can prove intentional acts.

You may want to investigate the stock manipulation games the ELT plays with their stock options and RSU's, too? That would make you bank as a whistleblower.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to break your wet dream but Pfizer employs people "at will". This means that neither your nor any other employee is entitled to a job. Dig as much as you want but Pfizer is well covered and can dismiss employees in any of the 24 reorganizational waves it has per year. But, good luck to you with your lawsuit. Big Blue will take you down.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer must comply with all state and federal laws. states have different employment laws and Pfizer isn't above those laws. The Fed govt also has strict employment laws that Pfizer is required to follow.
    It's not job entitlement that Angers people. Few feel Pfizer owes them a job. The argument is made when an individual is terminated under suspicious conditions, or when the actual layoff criteria is not clearly stated.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for correcting the kool aid drinking wet dreamer.

Look into suing the consultants as additional parties. When Pfizer, the employees and the consultants turn on each other, you'll kill it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Separated, early 60's, long tenure, nice severance...done!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alpharma/King let me go in '09. Pfizer took over in 2010 and had the nerve to send me a W2 for 2010. I received nothing in 2010 from Pfizer. I reported them happily, tried to communicate with HQ to explain I was never even on PFE payroll, gone way before the acquisition.

Can you use that? Hope somebody can. Their accounting is shady at best.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was legacy King who left after 3 years of Pfizer, and I'm soooooooo glad I did. Yes, life sometimes is better on the other side of the big blue fence! :D

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are in a " at will" state, you don't have a chance unless you have solid facts ( emails, testimonies). I was phired over a trumped up charge a month before the 2006 layoff. Faithful, compliant employee with awards for over 10 years and 24 total years in the industry. Late 40's when it happened. Young, new manager didn't want me.
    No severance.

Don't waste your time or money. If I knew who you are , I might hire you. Have my own company and like Pfizer sales people but not their managers.

There is life after Pfizer.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above post. You could have been me! Did you contact an atty? I'm looking into a lawsuit. My state is at will. I was discriminated. I am interested in previous cases. ANY info would be helpful!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless you can prove discrimination or retalitaion there is no viable lawsuit. Why didn't number #13 get severence? There was some other sort of problem there.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I was fired by someone who lied/trumped up charges, that may be extremely likely to be the last evil thing they do.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth is it's not easy t fire someone at Pfizer, you really have to be able to prove it is warranted and then it is still not a given Hr and the lawyers will allow it. I am sure there are rare exceptions, but in most cases if you get fire you had it coming and probably had more than once chance to straighten up your act.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. The district manager can document on a field ride report that he/she did not feel you impacted the territory, etc. They did not like the way you presented information/materials, perhaps you knew the study but the physician did not write the script therefore, you were not effective. It is all very highly subjective in 2014. Effectiveness is in the eyes of the manager.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try this one on.....rep reports a violation of compliance to executive....company definitely at fault all they needed was to examine company's hard drive in computer system....company retaliates and offers severence package with confidentiality agreement of course to shut it up and cover it up.....opposing attorneys on August 1st void this aspect of confidentiality agreements in federal court system......collect your severence get another job .....and whistleblow their ass!