Worst "Straight Talk" session??

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My straight talk session was a waste of time. We all know that there are going to be more layoffs and no one on my team, including myself, is really going to say anything critical. Why would you want to be labled as negative or a problem child. What a waste of time. Did anyone get anything productive out of this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's dead already. Straight talk comments made by some people at my location were included in their performance review as negativity so nobody else is going to indulge in any more straight talk. The "command and control" Pfizer culture rolls on..........

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ST was designed as a trap to get employees to say things that can and will be used against them in future layoffs and realignments. I feel sorry for anyone who fell for Ian's trick, but you must realize that Ian's only interested in enriching himself. Anyone who gets in the way of that or rocks the boat will be eliminated, preferably without a severance. Many ST admissions will provide Pfizer with the information they need to fire people for cause, thus negating any claim to severance by the separated colleague.

The 2 rules that must be obeyed if you hope to stick around another year:

1. Keep your mouth shut

2. NEVER, EVER TRUST IAN!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALWAYS carry your little flask of Kool Aide to share with your "leaders" at the meetings.
    Don't be foolish and try to "contribute" too much...that will only bite you in the butt.!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing that came out of our straight talk session was that our manager is a complete psycho with delusions of still being in the military. My god--all he did was get in our face and try and intimidate people while at the same time humiliating half the team and making everyone else uncomfortable. I always worried about getting one of those military managers--and now I are dealing with one.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DBM here:

I now have my list of people I am supposed to put on performance plans as a result of Straight Talk. One is a career screw up who has been on FW before in their career, another is a very good rep who they are trying to get rid of due to their high salary and "lack of buy in to requested information". It occurs to me, as a people manager, that this company has become so non-righteous that it is hard for me to reconcile these things in my mind. I bet I am not the only one...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Straight Talk came from a book but I can't remember which one. The book was a management book and it was actually called something else. Does anyone know?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ST came from the book titled "Dilbert Management Principles 101"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am ready to learn and i love all of you-watch me as i pry my eyelids open with a toasted relish fork

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Who pissed on my cheese" ????

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just need to own it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My straight talk session was great. At least two open doors on my manager and a perfect example of what is completely wrong with this company--bad management, no honesty, retaliation, poor teamwork, and very, very immature people trying desperately to keep a really easy,high paying job.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've captured Pfizer perfectly - good people being sacrified by poor performers who would sell their own mothers to keep their lucrative jobs.........

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Carry mace. If this clown goes off again, spray.
    Say you felt afraid for yourself.

Being female, I doubt pfizer would fire me. The DM may find himself in hot water though.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My take on the "Straight Talk" initiative...Management trying to disguise a way to identify those who are not "on board" as a positive initiative...Encourage people to speak out, disagree...then label them as "not a team player" and make their life miserable before kicking them out the door...I recognize this is a very negitve view, but I have zero trust in the motives of Pfizer senior management.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think ????????????

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beware of what you say at these meetings. It will only come back to haunt you. Based upon what I see of upper management, there is no such thing as straight talk!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Straight Talk best symbolized by the gold coin given to you by executive leadership...it's fake!

Amazing the things that pass for transformational 21st century leadership dreamed up on a Gulfstream G20 to an executive retreat in an exotic location smoking tea leaves.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kumbaya! Time to make more Kool-Aid.