It is upon us once again- The annual "forced ranking"

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, May 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard that our DBM's have to do this throughout PC in August.
    Start your brown nosin, excuse makin' and back stabbin' now!
    Do what you do best, everybody. Best of luck to ya.
    I hope there are people wanting to be let go so more people get what they really want this time around

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go back in your hole you fuckin' toad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forced ranking - definition: The most anti-straight talk, anti-collaboration and anti-own it system of rating employees in place at Pfizer. It's kind of like pitting 3 company presidents against one another in a horse race for CEO. Wait...Pfizer did that too.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DBM here. This is total BS. Dont listen to the lies of some angry loser who got laid off.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny how each time, some "DBM" posts and says it's all BS, but then, it always happens. Anyway, even if it is a DBM, when is the last time you met one that was smart enough to count to ten and knew a reorg/layoff was coming more than a week ahead of time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DBM- I hate to tell you this but if you don't know, you are not in the cool crowd. No one wants you to know since you will be one to go.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been waiting on confirmation that it is in fact true. Thank you DBM

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DBM
    Don't be...naive. Most of you have been here long enough to know about this process.To be clear it absolutely has no basis in reality, and that doesn't matter a wit.
    Be adult let the past be prolog and take the appropriate steps to prepare for the worst.
    1) Start, continue networking, and updating resume.
    2) Reduce all discretionary spending, i.e. netflix, hulu, magazines
    3) Every interaction you have should be looked at as an opportunity to get info about the next job, work your office staffs, providers, techs. Have the heard of any hot new products, or companies?, Has any one asked your provider if the new any good people, etc.

I've taken part in 6 reductions since 03 and everyone sucked. I'd like to think that as time goes on we (the sales force, yes unlike some of my 'peers' I consider myself part of the sales force) no longer get gut punched.
    Don't panic, don't procrastinate, and don't be negative.
    Do be proactive, positive and upbeat all the things you would look for in a hire.

Much success

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you confirming reduction announcements in August?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok not to be mean, but could it be any clearer. Please let me know which part of prepare you didn't understand?
    You must know someone who lost there job in PC last December. Some people have moved on to better positions, something they didn't think was possible. Some people,,,,not so much.
    If you are waiting on the official confirmation of what you already know to be true you are most likely to fall in the latter group.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I am in IS. We are getting iPads next week. I understand that the vaccine division will be effected but IS, not so much.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax there are no PC reductions upcoming. Geesh you people freak about every little rumor. If you want more security go do something else.

Pharma sales is what it is.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know more people as of late that are leaving on their own vs getting ATS'ed or RIF'ed out or whatever the official term is, and its not the idiots who are leaving either. One of the best hospital reps and a couple of award winning primary care reps in my area, all highly respected people, have resigned since last December.

If anyone at Pfizer had a clue about anything, this would set off more alarm bells than anything else. People they repeatedly choose to keep? Leaving? People who get operational "adjustments" to keep them off the bottom 20% so they never get the Kiss of Death known as "Partially Meets"? People who get to dump community hospitals on their Primary Care LAT Mates so their Eliquis goals are lower? Leaving?

People are forgoing the severance payout and jumping ship. That's how bad things are here

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes indeed, I agree.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool Crowd?? What is this, high school -- oh yeah, I guess it is.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

someone who has a better offer SHOULD go and not worry about severance. anyone that is just waiting for severance isn't very smart

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forced ranking is so antiquated and not even used by most companies anymore. This is just another area where we are so slow and behind. This system just agitates and angers but here we go again.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you bipolar? ADD? Personality disorder!?
    This is the craziest post ever! Where do you come from? Earth to planet earth. Come in planet earth.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, this is PFIZER! No one would ever leave on their own, right?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forced Rank, Operational Excellance, whatever you want to call it. How about Customer Focused Selling? Same old shit. Come Dec Pfizer will be handing out it's yearly pinks and who is kept and who goes will as usual make no sence. After company breaks into 2 division and sells off anything profitable look for the stock price to top and then the exe. will cash out and leave. Obama care will take care of the rest of the distruction of this industry. When it hit $28 look for Ian and the big boys to have to announce the massive amt. of shares they sold at an unbelivable profit. Shorthly after the jump will be made and free fall until golden paracute opens for them and their good ole boys it's payday. I say Pfizer is number one and I salute you with the extention of my middle finger.