Richard R. Smith

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Richard was my counterpart when he was a newly hired rep. He was a good guy and I believe he truly cared about people. Not sure he was ready to be a DM after little more than a year in the field but he was as ready as anyone else I have observed in the industry. Getting the right geography at the right time can do wonders for ones career.

My fear is that such situations can change ones personality and not for the better. Hope Rich hasn't followed the CM management style, the Bully management style has no place in this or any other industry.

Hang in there folks and remember......

Never let the bastards get you down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's changed. He is the next CM. Now this company has two of them. Can't understand why he wouldn't get that ruling by fear and intimidation won't do anything for him. When people feel valued they perform. Why can't leadership get this?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He has fallen victim to the same corp bs as all the rising managers do. They are thrown into a new position every 8-12 months - new products (for them) and feel they need to 'make their mark'. Without having a clue how that division works and what makes it successful (or not) they start throwing their solutions into the mix - and those are, too many times, rooted in the PC playbook. The only way for them to get anyone to listen and obey is to be the big D.

They only care what the a$$ above them smells like cuz that is where their gravy train leads.

Unfortunately, the field recognizes this (cuz they'll be gone before long) and doesn't give them the respect they so desperately desire - on to the next challenge!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is CM?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious... How has "Richard R been a bully or lead thru fear? He just got to PC or CV whatever it's called?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Richard is doing just fine. I'm a PCP rep, & I like him! Please stop the hating...cause Haters are going to Hate, Hate, Hate! Hmmm, you have a wonderful pharma job, just do it! I have worked for Novartis 18 years...love it, every company has it's ups & downs. Not better any where else. I've had many interviews & can't find a better pharma company to work for. Hope I retire from here, but if not, there's always something else. And since we make a fair amount of pay, some people actually have savings accounts & investments! Best job I have ever hoped for. I have felt lucky to be here & have made some outstanding friendships. Hope Richard becomes a friend of mine too!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm with the last poster. Its a great job and if you don't like it "get the F out". Stop crying like a bunch of little elementary school babies. If you hate the leadership and the job just GO already and get off this website. (and grow up already)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

richie get off the website already