Long term care sales force

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What products would this sales force be selling. Also, do they just go into long term care facilities? I appreciate your help on this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They sell Nuedexta for dementia behaviors and Juneva (co promote with Merck) for diabeties. They call on nursing homes, and doctors that go to nursing homes, which
    consist of mainly Primary care doctors and some psychiatrists if they go to nursing homes.
    They also call on LTC pharmacies and LTC pharmacy consultants (pharmacists who go to nursing homes)
    13 LTC jobs currently open around the country.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't come here. High turnover. The openings within long term care are NOT an expansion. These people quit and/or were let go. If you don't grow fast you very well could be let go within a year. Dozens looking to leave, many in second and third interviews with other companies. Poor upper management and the RBM team is mediocre at best.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, don't come here if you are not an innovative rep. Only looking for those with a passion for excellence and can think out of the box. Those leaving or let go couldn't cut it and will go back to selling aspirin. Those that make it will be highly rewarded.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS. all of the reps who left this year did cut it. They won awards and were showcased in front of us by senior management. They left because of the unprofessional environment. They were forced to run bogus programs and promote off label. FORCED. Rewarded with what. The stock price sucks. Ask Dr Chappell what he thinks. Ask the reps in FL how they feel about being forced to use Dr Chappel. Not one rep was forced out. They all left on their own for the same reason.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Being innovative has nothing to do with it. Unless by innovative you mean having your doctors look outside the label of PBA. Or you could just be as dumb as the blockhead LNAM in TX who has one doctor with about 25 nursing homes using Nuedexta for ANYTHING. How innovative! I've met the rep I'm talking about. He's a dope with his clown socks & couldn't sell water to people landing on the Hindenburg!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

What a bunch of complainers on cafepharma... I come on here from time to time bc there are times when actual good and credible info is on here but mostly a lot of miserable reps that need to vent and talk about others.

I know the LNAM in TX fairly well and find it hilarious that you judge him after you have "met" him. That particular LNAM has more knowledge about disease state and product than nearly everyone in the company and is a genuine guy that cares for his physicians and patients.

By all means come on here and vent about how unhappy you are but leave others that you don't even know out of it.

I sincerely hope that you find a fulfilling career that you enjoy. Truth is life is way too short to be miserable.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the negative posters on this board have never worked for the company. They have an agenda and have done their homework to make it sound like they've worked at the company. The board has become completely useless and for entertainment purposes only.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree with above. Plus, our field force is hot! Our girls are picked because they are intelligent and can rock a good skirt!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do work here, and you can not hide the fact that their are 12 LTC jobs open right
    now out of 80 territories, that seems pretty high considering our sales force is
    not that large. Why did these reps leave, ? Why are their so many openings ?

Why did the Atlanta NAM O.G. just leave, ? wasn't he a top rep an a former Avanir Presidents club winner ? why did he leave ? the guy had to be making a base of 100K+ ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honey, we are all making that in base. Cause if you're not, well you are an idiot and shame on you! Who cares why he left...some stay and some go! Just like every pharma job. Enjoy the ride.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The LNAM in Texas, albeit a nice guy, would get eaten alive and shit out by doctors and DONs in the Northeast. They'd laugh at his dopey drawl, sneer at his stupid socks, and break their feet off in his ass when he'd show up at their homes wearing scrubs. All the while yelling, "Get the fuck outta here Jethro!!!"

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But everything is bigger and better in Texas !!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw that LTC Pittsburgh manager position is open....where did that person go? Why is it open? LTC rep position in Pittsburgh open too?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The same reason everyone else resigned. This place is toxic. The past 6 months the salesforce has had an over 50% turnover. If you are desperate or destitute, it might be an OK match. Otherwise, run. Run as fast as you can. I have never worked in a more unprofessional environment. It is the University of Phoenix of pharmaceutical jobs. Only less ethical

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Manager didn't leave- expansion. Ltc is not open.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to the NAM in Tulsa? Why did she leave? Wasn't she an award winner?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes she was. Only award winners and high performers leave.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BA left? She was a star from the moment she arrived. I was in training with her in 2011. Ditzy and dumb as a brick. But just goes to show you you can put anyone in a territory that's already running well, where doctors have no problem adopting a new drug (ie - Oklahoma & Texas), and they really don't have to work to be a star here!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction: BA is sharp as a tack. She knows her stuff and developed good relationships. I would put her up there with any top producer in the company. She will be missed.

That being said, as with any company there are mediocre reps that ride others coattails and look good bc their territory produces but BA was solid.