Eliquis launch

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it just me or is there a feeling of reality sinking in as we approach this launch. It seems as though Pfizer is being totally unrealistic about the success of this drug. Just some of the reasons:

1. Great data, but feels like a me too. It's always referred to a "another Pradaxa". With all the bleeding issues,w that is not a good association.

2. No coverage, especially Part D. The first year is going to feel like Toviaz all over again. Who wants to relive that debacle? They keep telling us there is commercial biz, but have you seen a commercial patient in the cardiology office lately?

3. Half the scripts will be coming from the hospitals. Right now we have little, if any, relationships in primary care. It takes anywhere from 4-6 months to get credentialed at the institutions and most hospitals won't even look at a drug unless its been on the market for 6 months.

4. We changed the field force as we launch the drug. WTF? What's the hurry? We waited practically 12 months in delays for nothing new in the PI (another indication). What's another 90 days? At least it would have given us the opportunity to get in the territories, restablish a presence in cardiology, see who is worth calling on and establish some kind of relationship or at least an introduction.

The planning of this from RBD has been half assed at best. It's like everyone is rushing to the door for February and there is nothing to see

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot the biggest problem, you're teamed up with BMS. You will not find a more dysfunctional company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree! This isn't gonna be the slam dunk marketing thinks it will be. Plus having BMS responsible for hospital scares the crap out of me. There is too much out of my control with this. Plus the pressure of being in the bottom 25% at year end and losing my job doesn't sit too well. I have been working at getting out of this company. Hopefully something will come through and I can leave this hell hole soon.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what happens when marketing runs the show. Managed care coverage will dictate its use regardless of what the marketing team and ELT says. Remember Exubera. What a failure that marketing and leadership where blind to

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys should have given it to your Pfizer hospital team. They might be arrogant, but they know the hospitals. Our guys are a cluster F. The hospitals and the clinics will drive all the outpatient flow. Good luck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was the last time Pfizer was honest or realistic? The culture and environment has become so toxic and contaminated that it would take a heroic effort to turn this Titanic around. There are no visionaries or leaders. Come up with a good idea and wait to get slammed by the bullies that abound at Pfizer. It is so very sad what this company has become. The majority of people have adopted the "lay low" approach to survive...sad...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What good ideas were put forward that was disregarded by management?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chicago is going to suck! Traipsing back and forth from the Hyatt to the Marconi center in temps in the teens. This is going to be so much fucking fun! And this for a drug that after the 1st three months, I bet we see very few Rxs. But the blame will be on us reps. We just weren't "All In."

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hush up and get to work. I have stock options that need a better price

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can only imagine what BMS is thinking as we go thru these business planning sessions. "WTF did we get ourselves into?"

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to get shot at in Chicago during the Winter.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Already making excuses for why you bitches can't sell anything. Hey...might as well get the excuses out there right away and try to lower expectations. No go feel some fat nurses and put 10 fake calls into the computer.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I put out balls on my fat nurses, not fake calls. Donut balls, of course, with Polish cream fillin'.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post...of...the...week!

Congrats, donut man!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. Time to shake the donutz!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. The politics and reluctance to add to formulary will stiffen its use. It needs to be used in the community to drive formularies in the hospitals. However, managed care will determine its use. If me too and priced high forget it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The most important thing to me in launch a new drug in these time is relationships. How does a company fire employees, and change territories before a launch. Who owns it? Now it will take 6 months to gain any kind of relationship and access with a 50% new territory.

Second, the leadership want PSR to call on cardiologist with the DSR. The DSR get paid on cardiology but the PSR will not get anything time June when cardiologist are put into their system. Meaning......we now get the history but none of the compensation.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To answer your question, a company that mixes up territories immediately prior to a launch sees very little value in your relationships.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS?! You guys are fucked teamed up with them, just wait.