TMV pay cut.

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A territory with 150 orders, 50 transitions, $50K in core revenue will lose points.

-150+(-50)+(-150)=-350 points

If your current territory has PREVENA $10K and Veraflo $10K. They added 3 points per $1000 dollars for these products. I'm going to leave Abthera out since there was no change in points. The additional 3 points for Vflo and PREVENA would give you an additional 60 points.

-350 + 60= -290

If you grew your focus products by 50%.

PREVENA 5x18= 90 Veraflow 5x23= 115

-290+205= -85

Then sell $15K in GJ to get back to the points I was making prior. How is this going to be so beneficial to me? So we get this boost as a company in NPWT from S&N and we decide we need to sell focus products more to increase revenue. We get it. But don't screw us while we are making the trip to grow those segments. This is just dumb business and shows KCI does not care about its people.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the fact that we have to drive our own vehicles to these accounts in order to grow/maintain the business. So let's give back another $80 from our tiny car allowance. Glad I stayed home today.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it isn't beneficial. why are you staying?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure they're looking, just like everyone else ion the sales team.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because things are not ideal does not mean you jump ship. I like my job and the company for the most part. There are some things that need to change and I will try to work through these issues to continue at KCI. Don't quit, push the ideas that can make things better. New leadership will come and things will change again. Why should I leave when the senior mgt causing all these issues, (birdman & TJ) will move on by the end of the year anyway.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think the majority of the sales force is not looking….well then your just most stupid than the average corporate reject.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post 5 -- are you that ignorant...stick around until it gets better? Its been like this for 4 years now, prior to the big layoff 2 years ago. I would kill for that severance now.

If you can live on 120K, have at it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are many 1099 medical sales jobs out there. If you can get one, it's great. Work the hospital while working for KCI, write off your car expense and get 2 paychecks! That's how to work the system.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is the wisest post I've seen on this board. As long as it's kosher for all
    parties.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to say that this post is SPOT on.
    I do get that Acelity has policies and procedures and it is very important to follow them though there is always a way to work with distributors in a variety of ways. Opportunity is what you make of it and keeping ethical is of most importance. I would venture to say that whether you are on the West Coast, East, Deep South or North, there are manners in which opportunity present themselves.

Think outside of the box!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the pay cut and lame explanation that we have overpaid our sales people. I think bird man and TJ are overpaid.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, 1099 is the way to go!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been here for almost 6 years. I've stayed under the radar, done what is expected and kept my numbers up. Basically treating it as a 9-5 gig with little effort. I have not become rich doing it. I look it as my BASE income which pays all of my expenses (Mortgage, utilities, car, groceries, kids activities). I definitely don't stress too much about working for KCI/Acelity because I know that I can make more selling my other products.

On the side, I have a 1099 selling devices to the hospitals and make about 6k a month. This is what I look at as my commission and focus my energy on. I use this for disposable spending (vacations, golf, my boat) and investing.

Finally, I also am a consultant for Ambient and make a nice residual monthly check..

I don't feel guilty of doing this at all. This company just continues to take away and does not see the value in the sales force while the management team continues to get richer. They treat us like 2nd class citizens. I would like to see the leadership team take some cuts. All they are worried about is making the bottom line positive at the costs of the employees so they can have the golden parachute with all the options they have.

Just my advice. I know that it works because there a couple of peeps in my division doing the same thing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for idea. I definitely can see how that can work. The reality is if the baboons that run this company would understand if you valued your employees and provided them an opportunity to earn good money. Everyone wins. The return would be more devotion, dedication and passion to Acelity from the field sales . Yes, we might be making near or more than some of baboons but that is what capitalism is about.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone figured out my game??? Have been doing the same for about 18months. I actually work more hours at my 2nd job & get about similar monthly income. I also get mileage and expense account, phone & computer. KCI is screwing themselves. Some of us actually work hard on a daily basis to make money for ourselves. I work equivalent to what KCI pays me..very little. Seriously people, make the best of it!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are some good resources to utilize in order to find 1099 opportunities?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LinkedIn has many just type in 1099 in the search engine. Another one is Medreps. I currently have 2 products that I am doing pretty well with. There's no conflict with NPWT so I am not too concerned. Making more money on the 1099 than this shit show. The only plus from KCI is the 401k, health and SFDC. SFDC is great for getting contacts.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy cow. I just typed 1099 in linkedin and could not believe all the opportunities. Granted some were retail but there is quite a few in medical device in my area. I definitely going to research this more. What are the lines or products you carry?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1099 3 products, 1 Wound, 1 Ortho/Trauma, and a new spine assist device. I usually spend about 2 days doing my KCI stuff but obviously fielding calls, emails, etc. all days. Once office day usually on Friday and then the other two days working my 3 niche products. Made more on commissions past three months on those than Vacs but still use my Runzheimers for mileage and obviously the health insurance that KCI provides. There is just no magic at KCI anymore...its like the walking dead. Reminder to all though, Do Not put 1099s on your Linked In as I saw someone do a few weeks ago.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just did that too. Can't believe how many different medical sales opportunities there are. What is normal for income in a 1099? Would you consider products in the OR? Just worried that if I am riding with my DM and we go to the OR they would talk about my 1099 product. This has put wind in my sail....fuk the tradewinds.