Retired Hospira HR Manager Taking Any Questions

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The HSP pumps are highest risk ! Who would have thought that !

(Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is investigating about two dozen cases of suspected cybersecurity flaws in medical devices and hospital equipment that officials fear could be exploited by hackers, a senior official at the agency told Reuters.
    The products under review by the agency's Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team, or ICS-CERT, include an infusion pump from Hospira Inc and implantable heart devices from Medtronic Inc and St Jude Medical Inc, according to other people familiar with the cases, who asked not to be identified because the probes are confidential.
    These people said they do not know of any instances of hackers attacking patients through these devices, so the cyber threat should not be overstated. Still, the agency is concerned that malicious actors may try to gain control of the devices remotely and create problems, such as instructing an infusion pump to overdose a patient with drugs, or forcing a heart implant to deliver a deadly jolt of electricity, the sources said.

Hr Guy

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's some substance....you think you're hot shit on a log, but you are really cold turd on a twig. Why don't YOU say something of substance instead of the incoherent rankings of a nut case.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm watching you hr guy.
    Mike Ball

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How immature ! You aren't worthy to lick mike balls jockstrap ! Stop dreaming poser !
    You are a poor, lazy, misguide, lonely person !

Hr

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TRUTH just look on board and verify

hr2468

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is wrong because with all Hospira pumps, the commands are entered at the front panel, at least this used to be true. That part is not under remote control. Also a hospital is a controlled environment. There is physical and electronic security in place. I hope Hospira responds to DHS soon. They may be taking a hit for no reason.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think your background, has NOTHING to do with Cyber Security, therefore how the hell are you going to override FACTS without knowledge to back it up ? This danger is more profound NOW more than ever ! You are well aware of the CRAZY events taking place in America and abroad These devices could be remote accessed A year ago I would have laughed at the possibility, but NOW I don't trust Nobody !!!! Nothing would surprise me !

Hr4U

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me educate you with Facts NOT assumptions ! A wide cross-section of devices share a handful of common security holes, including LACK of authentication to access or manipulate the equipment, Also WEAK passwords or default and hardcoded vendor passwords like “admin” or “1234″; and embedded web servers and administrative interfaces that make it easy to identify and manipulate devices once a scumbag finds them on a network
    Infusion pumps that have a web administration interface for nurses to change drug dosage levels from their workstations are NOT all password-protected, while others have hardcoded passwords that are weak and universal BTW theres a couple of defibrillator vendors that use a Bluetooth stack for writing configurations and doing test shocks (against the patient) when they’re implanted or after surgery They have default and weak passwords to the Bluetooth stack so you can connect to the devices. It’s a simple password like an iPhone PIN that you could guess very quickly Now you know FACTS not fiction

hr2014

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So which model of Hospira infusion pump has VTBI via wireless?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The answer is there are no pumps that you can change remotely. The Plum AT is wireless and at one time the thought was changing volumes to be infused remotely might be a feature used especially ambulatory pumps. Someday perhaps but not today. There are many more things to worry about with pumps that are 10-15 years old than security holes in software.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The answer is there are no pumps that you can change remotely. The Plum AT is wireless and at one time the thought was changing volumes to be infused remotely might be a feature used especially ambulatory pumps. Someday perhaps but not today. There are many more things to worry about with pumps that are 10-15 years old than security holes in software.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen there Pal, I saw your College student Job Offer thread on ABT board and then you jump here ! WTF dude ? I rebutted it earlier You think Iam stupid ?

Hr Guy

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I gotta call Rocky Mount IT Dept OR Morgan Hill OR Clayton OR Austin ?
    Then ACCS East ..........?

Retired HR Guy
    £€£€€£££££€££€€€€£

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Also they aren't like PCs or Android devices. These are like appliances and their application software is fixed and cannot be changed without physical access to the pump. Usually, if a pump hurts someone that pump is quarantined immediately by the hospital. The hacker only gets to use his weapon once. But if individual pumps are tampered with, I see that more as a criminal matter, not necessarily something for the DHS to be concern with. I still find this "hacking" claim rather intriguing.

Yes, any electronic product with 10-15 years behind it is bound to run into problems. But in a way it is good: Hackers aren't going to want to work something that old!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy smokes, you are a genius! What aren't you an authority on???

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well Iam not an authority Loafing !
    That's not my post , it the nitwits I post facts

££€€€¥
    hr guy

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't my post W Man

££€€€€¥
    hr guy

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys LOVE hanging on my thread WHY ?
    Probably it's because you actually Learn how to command respect
    like I DO ! Amassing a large volume of views, can't be accomplished
    by someone with limited mental capability and the personality of a rock !

£££€€€¥
    hr4u

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahag!!,,,,,
    HahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahaah

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dumped 1500 units today and unloading another 500 tomorrow at opening bell
    My Vanguard account is Kicking ass ! Iam gonna help the motor city next week
    when I get the hellcat or the Z06 Not sure yet Chevy or Dodge I want the Vette
    Thanks Hospira ,Thanks Dirks ,Thanks Begger !

Hr 4u