I think my partner is working 2 jobs

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, since you're new, you don't know how bonuses work yet. Blow it out, win an award, and boom the goals get ridiculously readjusted and become unattainable. The same RBD who was shaking your hand on the award stage one quarter will literally be yelling in your face the next because he believes you no longer know how to sell. Give it some time before you make a decision on your partner. At least six months, in all sincerity. Be thankful you have a partner who will not rat YOU out when you realize that while this is the best situation you could find yourself in job wise, it really is the dumbest job in the world. You will learn how little impact you truly have on that bonus check, and you may ask your partner how to become an agent yourself in six months. I'm not joking.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is sad but very true. It is amazing that this industry is still hiring people who up think they will make a significant impact on sells. I have been working 2 jobs for the last 3 years so your advice hits the bullseye.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly the correct response to the OP's dilemma.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are kidding, right? I mean that you are only working 1 job? I work 3 jobs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Use them to buy your next house, maybe they will give you a discount on the commission.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what we do to rats?

They don't eat anymore.

You need to shut your pie hole and just do your job. Stop acting like a snotty nose kid. You more than likely can't sell putang on a troop train. Your lucky you get paid to sling your deli tray, take your check and go home.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best summation of what we do here. Seriously OP, relax. We get paid a lot of money to essentially make catering runs. Right now I'm dropping a douce while reading these posts. Going to jump in the shower and head to panera to pick up coffee and bagels for an office where the docs may or may not listen to me tell them why invokana is the best choice when they know any of the three will do the job for most patients. I'm hoping that my early morning Joe will be the difference! We are that brown nosing annoying, charactured kid who brings an apple to the teacher on the first day of school. "Don't you look nice today Mrs. Crabtree." Then I have to call Chilis to order a lunch for another, equally unimpressed, entitled office. The high point of my day will be beating the AZ rep into the morning call so she has to figure out where to bring her coffee before it gets cold.

I am not a doctor. Besides the occasional hcp that attends s program and learns something from an endo, or maybe actually learns about the MOA from me, the most value any of us bring (besides donuts) are savings program coupons and formulary updates. But for that I get a 6 figure W2 and a car.

Don't kid yourself, stay off the radar, don't make enemies, play the game. Up to you to work a second gig or not, but just keep your mouth shut. Karma may or may not be a bitch, but if you ratted me out I would make it my job to help her find you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shoot, I thought this was about a domestic partner.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rats will figure out what to eat bc they are smarter than your dumbass quoting lamo movies

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not only a company of rats but a culture of rats with a rat credo.

Do the right thing and turn in your partner.

Do it fast!

Hit that Credo Hotline! Turn Him In! Do it! Do It!

Just ask yourself what the right thing to do is--you're an upstanding Janssen/JNJ rep--you know what's right!

T-U-R-N H-I-M I-N

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a douchebag. This is exactly why you will be shaking your head wondering how a company you were so loyal to and thought you had so much power in (being a DM) left you by the curb in the next layoff. A sneaky prick manager like you is a nightmare in ANY job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. And despite how loved they think they are by upper management, their directors loathe them. No one likes people like this because they can't trust them not to climb over them on the way up. Karma catches all.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are now coming in reaping probably all of her hard work she has done in that territory already. She's obviously established and knows how to work smart not hard. I'm sure she spends her time calling on the right customers who generate business. So what if she sells real estate! Really? Get a life and mind your own business. There are plenty of reps, and DMs who have other gigs. They win presidents circle, make plenty of money for this company and do THEIR job. You see, a highly successful rep is an entrepreneur at heart. That is why you are a rep. You can run and manage your own business and most likely are so successful you can also do multiple tasks and jobs. Do you know how many mommie reps work 8-2 bc they have families and kids they pick up? What is the difference? How many reps go to the gym at 8 am and leave at 10 am or go there at 4pm. Really move on girl. You are really asking for trouble. What comes around goes around. Karma is a bitch.
    Leave her alone, mind your business and get a life!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She sounds like a motivated person and good for her! If you have energy to work a second job while exceeding expectations on the first job, you should work. We weren't put on this earth to be lazy, we are supposed to make a difference. Stop wasting you precious energy complaining and start working at exceeding expectationa at your current job so that you can get a second job too!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your kidding right? We have a RSD in the southeast who works as a NFL official. I'm sure he is not the only RSD with other financial interest. He misses meetings in order to prepare for the next game.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that is because he works for the NFL and they love that. If he worked as waiter he would not be permitted to do so.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I welcome the challenge. You scare no one. I can work circles around you. Your gastapo tactics rarely work. You are not a builder of great men and women. You lead from a position of fear. That has never built a successful team and gotten great results. I've met your type in my 15 years in the industry and 7 in the USMC. Even the toughest DI in th corp has a heart and wnt to build men and women up. You my friend are not long for management. Best of luck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mind your own fucking business, rat. And I am serious. People like you ruined out industry.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a typical dumb statement from a corporate hack like you: "knows how to work smart, not hard".

Do you see how stupid this is?

Its about results, moron!

Oh wait, you want a person that works hard at 40 plus hours a week but is ranked 50/100 reps...instead of a smart reps that works 20 hours a week, but is 10/100?

Amazing how stupid you people in pharmaceutical land really are. Absolutely amazing.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

play the game.
    its sucks, but it is true.

Gosh. I wish I had just started a construction company or landscaping company out of high school instead of becoming a corporate asshole like all of you.