Project Endurance - Laid Off - Reorganization - Morale

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2014 at 6:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you, my dear, are an idiot.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen! Job openings everywhere. If I had been laid off I would be suing the pants off of Allergan for not bringing me back before interviewing others. This is beyond WRONG!

Who wants to work for such a SCUMMY company?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some VPs use restructuring to dispose of people who don't appeal to them. I can't explain why being competent isn't valued more than being a sycophant.

It doesn't really matter if you were laid off through Endurance, because all of us will be out of a job when Valeant takes over. It isn't a question of if, but only of when.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In some cases, they actually asked the people that were laid off to come back for the same position since the person they wanted to give the job too decided to take the severance instead! This is after claiming that the position has been eliminated. All they did was add more responsibility to the position and changed the title, thereby claiming "elimination." Guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical shell game, or birdcage theory- shake the cage and the birds all land on different perches. When an organization treats their employees based on age, income and geography when they go through this stuff, you know it's not about results, skills or career path. Just bottom line. Years ago sales was a noble profession...now it's SGA/overhead.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the person that posted below: You are the reason the surveys mean nothing - because you don't have the guts to say it like it is. As far as wishing your husband dead, you are psycho! Model employee, really?????

"Whenever I'm asked about the company, I tell everyone I love it here. This company has gone to shambles. I am a model employee and will say I am all in but this is so far from the truth. I'm too smart not to notice how different this place is and I now treat it as just another job. That being said, I am being paid for said job so I do it but not happily. Before the managers meetings, the managers ask us to rate them so it can be discussed and I write nothing but good things. Again, could not be further from the truth. So these so called surveys, I'm sure are a bunch of fluff. For pete's sake, they keep anyone they like. The proof is Geffner. How many jobs has this guy had in the past 2 years just because his wife killed herself? Ridiculous. I wish my husband killed himself so that I could be considered untouchable and I wouldn't have to cook for him anymore as a bonus."

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My "role" was eliminated as a part of Endurance. Oddly enough, the person who is assuming my duties is doing the exact ... same ... thing.

I guess that's what I get for calling out my boss's ideas as "that's the worst thing I've ever heard anybody say, ever." :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're not the only one. This seems to be a common theme - the roles are 'eliminated' but someone else has to take on the work in addition to what they were doing before. What makes this completely farcical in relation to 'Project Endurance' is that managers are telling the employees who have to take on the extra work that this is only a temporary measure until they have managed to hire to fill the 'eliminated' roles. So, no cost savings there!! Someone remind me, what was Project Endurance about - cutting costs? Of course not - that is clear for us all to see.... I guess Valeant is not the only company good at 'smoke and mirrors'!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an "impacted" employee that might sound good at first, but be carefull what you ask for, you might end up having to work for Allergan. I am profoundly thankful to all upper managment who cowardly conspired behind closed doors to eliminate me. My prayers were answered, and I am free, thank you!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations!!!! AGN became a crappy place a while back. I was lucky to leave before all this craziness but I wish I had stayed to get the severance.....bummer.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goodbye Allergan.
    Thank you for my severance!

No more PSS. Or piece of s@*t selling.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you enduranced people should come back on campus today dressed up as Bill Ackman. DP will shit his pants.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too am extremely thankful - feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! But to get back to the point as to whether Project Edurance has actually saved money - for those employees who have been paid an enhanced severance package and then their position is up for hire (including hiring fees and cost of orienting new employee, plus the loss of all the history that the outgoing/'terminated' employee takes with them) surely this is an overall higher cist than keeping the original employee! Multiply this by 1000 (assuming approx 500 don' t get replaced) - this is definitely no cost saving, and more likely to be a cost deficit, not withstanding all the expertise lost. What a shambolic state of affairs! And all from the 'leadership' of a Scot that would normally be held in high regard for counting the pennies - not in this case, evidently!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are 'on paper' savings!
    In many cases that I saw it was people who had worked their way into roles as a way of AGN keeping them.
    Job titles got enhanced. I heard that people were offered severance or demotion with the same package! No cost saving, just removal of a middle manager role which looks great on paper.

Remember the company has spare money, money isn't the real issue, fighting VRX is and by cutting staff AGN can say that VRX savings will be less.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pearson is 2 Steps ahead, he will buy us and do an immediate price increase to make up for Pyott's stall tactics... He believes products like Botox sell themselves at almost any price. Time will tell, sort of wished it was over, sux being stressed for no real reason!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree Botox sells itself, but we are not a Botox only company. The eyecare products are doing great in a competitive market & they do need selling!
    I wish this was all over one way or another. i can't see that anyone is winning in this corporate war (other than lawyers).

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG This made me laugh soooooooo hard. We aren't the Botox company? Restasis has peaked. We went from severe, to moderate, to start early. There's no one left to start on this stupid drug that only works like 30% of the time. Doctors aren't stupid, and if you start talking about using it after surgery, well that's just off label promotion and Allergan doesn't need yet another reason to fire you. Combigan? Really? It's out of our hands and out of the doctors hands. I even ask for generics when I'm at the pharmacy, plus our PPO plan even sends mailers that tell us to use them. BioPharma is where it's at. We are dinosaurs, get over it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Embrace Mickey P - good things to come

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

having been a part of the mgt team i can tell you that pyott refers to employees as gerbils an rats. he doesn't care about anyone but himself and his girlfriend. same with dougie. and they love layoffs and cutting. it is in their dna