Remoxy?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surprised no tears for Remoxy. Maybe you already shed them.

There must have been some fatal flaw in the abuse-deterrent technology. They said the manufacturing issue was fixed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that the abuse-deterrent study was positive but that the clinical PK study was a complete bust.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ah ha. so they couldn't bridge to the pivotal data, and so would have to do more pivotals, and by they time they're done, the market has gone generic.

If Pfizer thought the drug had any chance in hell they never would have given it back. It would only be a competitor to ALO-02.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can we give King back and start over?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you can't give King back. I have surveyed my King colleagues and we don't want to buy any of Pfizer's Trash. You keep it!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awww, pfizer laid off all of King's horses and all of king's men and then couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think Remoxy was bust, just wait and see what we dooooo with AL-02 oooooo!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have some Pfizer friends that got laid off with that merger (kept some King people instead). It wasn't just King people who got screwed-although they got the brunt of it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wyeth legacy here and still surviving. I have nothing but good things to say about the King reps I've worked with. That even goes back to the co-marketing days of Altace.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WE? You mean Allan Litwack and his Wacked-out Opioid Team in NY?

Not gonna happen. AL-02 will end up like Embeda - no launch, multiple recalls, and third year sales of under $10M

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone explain to me why we gave up on Remoxy?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lazxy. looking on CP for half a clue. Best bet an outsider looking for free information.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, some formulations that don't release well under abuse conditions don't release well under normal conditions either. Oh well, we tried.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck off. Ian Read said exactly one year ago that we made a "go" decision and then we now mysteriously drop the product.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, for the same reason the chicken crossed the road. To find something else to abuse.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see, we conduct a few pilot PK studies, repeat a perfectly fine abuse liability study, and come back with definitive PK studies, one with only 18 patients and the other with 132 (like some generic company with a bad knock-off drug) and only have to wonder why we gave up on Remoxy? We didn't give up. We imposed our will on the program and failed. I think it's great that we're giving it back to Pain Therapeutics. At least that would give the program a fighting chance.

Anyone got anything you want Pfizer to buy and trash for you???

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The internal scuttlebutt is that the PK studies blew up. Are you claiming they were fine?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There must have been some problem with the PK studies that prevented them from bridging to their current pivotals. If they did blow up (and I think you're right), then you'd have to re-do your pivotals and resubmit. By the time you're done, the market might have gone generic and competition would have been fierce. Plus you have ALO-02. Someone probably looked at the $ and said this makes no sense, esp since we have another shot on goal with ALO-02.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BE, dose proportion, alcohol effect, food effect and likeability studies were fine. We simply lost financial interest given the ridiculous royalty we owe the partner.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wouldn't be the first time someone made a late decision based on information they had LONG ago, but that doesn't make sense. The royalty agreement isn't new. The market's changed, to be sure, and maybe that's the deciding factor. I doubt the BE data were good enough, though. Why take it this far and bail when all the PK data came out fine?