Heather Mason

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is she still at ADC?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's me, Who's this ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Figured you'd been heading for greener pastures by now. Isn't that how Abbott does it for top management. Four of five years per assignment.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She is replacing Landgraf at end of year to lead the Nutritional division

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who will replace her at ADC?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There isn't going to BE any ADC.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mary Szela.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's Robert Ford. I guess Heather knows when to jump the sinking ship.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She was relieved of her duties as associate strength and conditioning coach at the University of Tennessee in April and now has joined the LPGA tour to become a professional golfer.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She joined the LPGA Tour not as a golfer, but as a caddy.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's us.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heather is a quality person and she deserves the best!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unlike you, who is a complete LOSER!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heather Mason did an outstanding job at ADC. She is taking a well deserved promotion. Robert Ford will take her post at ADC and he's a smart guy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess outstanding is a relative term. The revenue of the division is down in the US by -27% and overall by -10.5%. The division headcount has shrunk drastically due to layoffs and intentional attrition. We will know more about the financials the middle of next week. Also the environment at ADC is very political. This seemed to start when Heather arrived but I think that this is just the way things run at Abbott.

On the positive side ADC held up a lot better than the other diabetes companies. This was, I think, the direct result of Heather's stewardship. She made a few smart moves. Also, she was quick to see the folly of some bad technologies and discarded them, bright enough to understand some good technologies and embraced them.

A lot of people were laid off under her watch. This stuff happens but she could have been a bit more open about it. Last year about 145 in marketing and sales department were laid off and not a word from any of the upper management of ADC. This was not the first time..

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find the work world a curious place. The division VP works hard for years and gets promoted to another division. Many hundreds of former ADC employees worked hard for her and got "promoted" to the division of unemployment.

And management wonders why employees don't have much loyalty.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought she is now a caddy on the LPGA tour. Did this change?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just saw her leaving the MGM here in Las Vegas.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Playing the roulette tables again.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is diabetes and what is a heather mason?