cmf ol1000

Discussion in 'DJ Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where can I find a replacement battery for the CMF OL1000 Bone growth stimulator?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW Exogen is the worst!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you can't. You have to buy another device. BTW, Exogen is the best. Highest efficacy and preferred by most surgeons.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exogen has limited data - and i have to use that messy gel and ruin my cast to use it??

Give me a break
    I'll take simple over my cast 30 minute daily treatments and the same heal rates

Thanks for playing exogen
    you LOSE

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The facts? DonJoy has absolutely no clinical data outside of their company produced paper that shows 60% healing for non-unions. They have NO peer reviewed trial. Incredible that the device was even approved.
    The only reason Drs use it is because you pay them- either directly or via the buy and bill payment schemes you set up w the clinic. DOJ investigations are currently looking at this and once it's done so is your stim.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THE FACTS idiot:

Two studies, both by Emami et al., were cited: one was published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and one, in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.

The first states that Exogen Inc. provided the ultrasound devices used in this study. The authors have received nothing else of value. The second article provides no information about financial support of the study.

Both studies by Emami et al. were prospective, randomized, blinded, and placebo-controlled.

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

reread that again ok..........

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe how dumb the DJO reps are. NO STUDIES and glossy brochure on POST MARKET DATA that no other company uses because they don't have to because they have clinical STUDIES on their product. Exogen has 9 LEVEL one studies. The only FDA product with an indication to ACCELERATE healing by up to 40%. Plus lots of Level 2 studies.

DJO put your $ where your mouth is, if your product is so great why did you only do 1 study that was never published in anything!!!! Do another study. One study and it sucked. What a waste of money for patients and insurances.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how the slimy DJ reps claim they have the highest heal rate for certain fractures. They have 60% success, based on one company (and questionable) study. Two patients in the failure group had to undergo amputations! The rep in my area is a complete meathead who gets his business the dirty way, I suppose their regular poster here is probably the same moron.

We know your company trains you on the Emami study, and doesn't show you the 12 or more major trials that show clinical healing. Yes a failed small study of patients having reamed and locked nails, absolute fixation, with acute trauma. The study was stopped early. One theory is that since Exogen creates micro motion ( like weightbearing) at the site, inhibiting that may have inhibited callus formation caused by lipus.

If DJ has any other clinical trials outside of your company-run trial please share with us!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

************PAY ATTENTION S&N BONEHEADS*******************

THE FACTS idiot:

Two studies, both by Emami et al., were cited: one was published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and one, in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.

The first states that Exogen Inc. provided the ultrasound devices used in this study. The authors have received nothing else of value. The second article provides no information about financial support of the study.

Both studies by Emami et al. were prospective, randomized, blinded, and placebo-controlled.

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound [EXOGEN] and those who were not.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO

CANT YOU S&N GUYS READ??????

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow cant you guys at S&N read???

THE FACTS idiot:

EXOGEN = PLACEBO

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(I started this thread)
    I knew that if I said exogen is bad I would get some attention. So I have the OL1000 and I'm almost out of uses. I can change the 9 volt battery no problem- so my original question was sort of a trick.

What id like are more uses.

I understand that the DJ people would prefer I buy a new one- but if there is some way for me to reprogram it myself, I'd like to know.

Can anyone give a good explanation for why it's effectiveness should decline over time? Does it?

If not, is the cap just to ensure that there is no second hand market?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay moron, even if that study was gospel (which it isn't) what about the 9 LEVEL studies showing Exogen works. How many does DJ ortho have? Oh yeah ZERO!!!! It's so easy to sell against you. Easy peasy. We sell on science. Show that study all you want on Exogen, especially when you couple it with ZERO studies on your product. It make you guys look so stupid. I love it when you show my docs this study. it ALWAYS backfires on you!!!!! You will never win on studies EVER- you need to do one first.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

**********wow cant you guys at S&N read***********

THE FACTS idiot:

EXOGEN = PLACEBO!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok so if EXOGEN 'works'

and 2 studies showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with EXOGEN and those who were not - then what gives??

sounds like a placebo to me too!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude- I work for this company and I think I speak for many when I say shut the F UP!
    Seriously.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DUDE -- SO SO I

AND EXOGEN IS A F-KING PLACEBO

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

me too 'dude'
    if the exogen data shows no benefit vs placebo in 2 studies than lets all call it what it is -
    a f-cking placebo

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody know where I can get a battery?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RadioShack

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ortho here. What is unfortunate is that patients keep reviewing these boards after googling the various bone stim technologies. DJ to me seems to have no ethics in terms of what the reps and distributors come in and detail. The truth is that DJ has provided not one single clinical trial outside of the company paper ( i.e., the DJ written paper showing 60%) so there is no clinical evidence that CMF works at 30 minutes. None. We would rather use the 8-10 hour device on the pt or even the implant knowing the patient gets a better shot at healing.

DJ tries to get its business from us by wining and dining the staff, and incessantly pitching stock and bill to the office. This lack of ethics, and most importantly, lack of any real clinical trial to show that the OL stim does anything, is absolutely incredible. The last straw was the pt who complained to me that your rep was trying to sell her an OL stim for her acute fx for 3 thousand dollars. We didn't even prescribe it!

You may think I am a competitor trying to stir the pot, but I am not. Just venting after just being so tired of your rep telling us that you have the highest heal rate for non-unions. Keep bringing the Panera, fine, I am starting to like the Turkey Bravo sandwich, but until you have any sort of CLINICAL PROOF, we are not going to risk a patient's well being for you.