Employee or contract?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 16, 2014 at 7:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Commitment factor!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck Is the in group only .....certain managers play candidates games!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster who is double dipping sounds very smart to me. This company has ZERO loyalty to Yu so why would you worry about using the car and double expenses?

You sound like an over idealistic FOOL!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some reps I know referred me to AZ direct. I applied, similar high performance, moderate salary and high level experience. Could not get an interview. What's going on?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think many directs won't stay direct over the next few years. this is rolling through.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ was the weirdest and most disorganized company I ever interviewed with...I obviously did not land the job, it was given to the usual..an obnoxious narcissist who actually isnt very good ... but they were def a trip to deal with! And I too have alot of experience and great sales numbers... On to the next interview!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome! Trust me, these companies do not care about any of us!! They do not care about u, your kids, anything so as bad as it sounds, screw them bc they will screw u! Might as well beat them to the punch...I am actually impressed with the efficiency of the double dipping rep...That is a real skill...I don't think I would be able to pull it off! Nice job, sir or madam...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contract is an insult to skilled and talented reps. You're paid much less than a coworker who is doing the same job, often with less experience. If you have a strong resume a contract job should be very temporary. Look around for a regular job or try to transition onto AZ direct.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But they keep hiring direct and hire CSO right beside them. Big problem is most CSO reps will definitely split on a short and shaky time line. Much "greener" pastures are needed for basic survival and these guys are not find much green at all!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The search has begun! Three months is enough on CSO. I need money just like my less experienced coworkers who are making double my pay!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. So tell me dumbo, in today's total BS pharma "sales" world what exactly is a "skilled and talented rep?" Are these highly skilled and talented reps better at faking calls and delivering pizzas to the office cows than the rest of us. Get over yourself Porky. This industry is all a sham and just work it for what it is. Nothing you do day to day helps any patient anywhere. It's just an easy paycheck to help you get money to buy more shit you don't really need,

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bad and overpaid for plenty of our direct reps. For the cso rep on almost half pay it's a tough one to swallow. Doing the same job, often more experienced and making half rate? Its no wonder the most cso reps chuck it and walk. Top notch are leaving at same rate and the young jumpers. Good work AZ, its biting us in the butt.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pay has more to do with greed of the contract company than AZ. It is up to to the contract to decide what% of profit to make off your back.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reality is contracts are happening all across America. In industry and even schools. Why shouldn't it happen in Pharmaceuticals? In truth it has already has in many applications.

I agree that it is a more tenuous position, saves money, offers fewer benefits to the contracted employee vs company employee, and is a threat to company employee jobs.

Your post suggests that contracts have less talent than company employees. Today many of those contracts are former reps. Most contracts go through the same product training as company reps. Too marketing looks for regurgitated core messaging. Is it that difficult?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with a couple comments on here. The TRUTH is that most contract reps jump ship within a year or so. Some only stick around for 6 months. The constant hiring of new contract reps every 6 months or so costs the company big and at the end is totally inefficient for AZ. The reality is AZ GETS WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ barely cares about its own people, let alone contract reps. Either way it's just a body and can easily be replaced.

With all the bodies out there tripping over one another it is already inefficient and costly.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Treat people decently with wage, benefits and bonus and they stay. Ain't rocket science.
    Oh yea. Don't expect lowest wage to pick up the most work. Give it to the big buckers...let 'em earn their keep. This should not be the slave labor method of business.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We can't expect quality people to work for subpar pay for long. It should be understood that good contract reps become good direct employees. If this is not in the plan then most will probably leave for the salary they deserve. This does costs us and probably more than if we converted them to regular employees.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CSO reps are all hideous freaks!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No shit! When I saw the DM I was interviewing with, I almost ran out of the place. He was the biggest pervert and douchbag when I met him yrs ago. How he became a DM.......never mind-too scary to think about!!! He interviewed my tits but HR forgot to tell me to buy a DD bra, come topless and be prepared to be infested with advanced herpes? My follow up was...........
    SEE YA!