West Coast PC Rep Exodus

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard lots of good AZ reps have left or leaving from the LA region. Is that true? Why? Where they going? Insights, Please.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"good AZ reps". LOL. That is a contradiction in terms. Bunch of whiny, vastly over paid sample jockeys, nothing else.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for describing your own personality. But I think you misunderstood the OP's message. The non-whiny, useful, productive reps that actually went out and worked for a living, and yes few of them have left AZ recently. Not sure where they went. Most left from Burbank District and couple from LA district.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for a sensible answer and great comeback to the previous knucklehead.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard one rep went to Amgen, and couple of strong reps from the Burbank team went outside of pharma industry in management roles. Well, good for them. This is a dying industry, if you can get a chance, get out,

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah - But who is hiring and paying the kind of salaries and benefits we get at Pharma? I recently applied at a leading Med Device comapny and they told me they do NOT consider Pharma reps for med device positions. They consider pharma folks "soft at selling". That is a tough fact to swallow.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the fuck cares if you all left the LA teams. You can't see any Docs anyway so we can just use UPS to deliver and get sigs for samples.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has been this way for forty years. The device gig makes real estate agents look like Saints.

The money is no longer there with the rest of the industry. In pharma you can grind all day and not see a doctor and still receive a payroll check. In device, it is see the doctor-sell the doctor or starve.

I could take the ulcers, insomnia, runs and future divorce for 300,000 annually, but for 120 k it's just not worth it. Personally, I never got the whole D-1 athlete device rep, bad ass story. They reminded me of the typical used car salesman.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you saying swag is out?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post! I agree, it's just not worth it for $120,00 per year. I make $110,000 base plus bonus at AZ and I can sleep at night. I am like you, I work, I grind, I see some Doctors and some I don't, but I still get a paycheck twice a month!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You my friend are totally misinformed or disillusioned. We access and see physicians no less than anywhere else. If you are a part of LA region, that is a shame. It must be your personality that can't let you into the offices. Yes, we have lost some good folks recently, and that is a demoralizing fact.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the clowns that left that area were a bunch of fuck ups, whiners and buttfuckers. Good riddance losers!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love to hear about top talent in the rep world. What exactly is top talent today?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My definition would be: Reps that don't kiss ass of higher ups to get ahead, able to garner the liking and respect from their key customers and peers based on their professionalism, are able to engage customers in thought provoking clinical discussions and and are effective in closing the call and gaining the commitments for use of the promoted products - they are the true heroes among the Pack. And these are the individuals that get ahead ON THEIR OWN without kissing asses. they get contacted by recruiters and hired by other professionals companies.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe at Fantasy Island. What company are you workin' for?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in San Francisco and we are leaving too.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well then Good Luck to you. Have a nice life!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope my friend - It reality does happen. I know some of the people that left AZ recently from LA region and most of them were not ass kissers. Probably that's why they chose to leave this place.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who left from the LA Region? could someone provide some insights/initials please... Just curious.