AZ SAYING NO TO PFIZER=THE BIGGEST PHARMA CEO MISTAKE OF PHARMA HISTORY!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will be considered THE biggest mistake any pharma CEO has ever made. We had more than a fair offer and Pascal, with his giant ego, turned away and said, "Not enough"!! It's hard to understand his proclivity to gamble with AZ's shareholders as if they mean nothing.

Pfizer will not be back. AZ will lose most of it's "pipeline" to failures, or will be late to market what is approved. It will be very interesting to watch what happens over the next 3 years.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sold my remaining shares at $82 and made a boatload from my options. All that I can say is thank you Pfizer. Now I am amused to watch the share price plummet back into the 60s on the way down to $40 again. I realize that my recent options issues will be worthless but having cashed in on the bonanza, who the fuck cares?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This ^

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% CORRECT and I dare anyone to try and refute this one! Colossal failure to have allowed the single largest Devaluation of a company in pharma history. NEVER will shareholders see stock prices north of what is was during the time of Pfizers offer. NO pipeline is that good. Thanks, AZ!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perhaps people and the future well being of an organization simply meant more to Pascal than putting money in your pocket for the short term. Sorry that you could have cashed out and missed the opportunity. And if not that, then clearly your motivation is malicious.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dead on!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do keep repeating the same message to the number 1-5 poster, we know its you, go back to your hole.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's calm down now. All of the posts have an arguable point . must be tough to please shareholders and keep folks employed.lets look at this another way.if you had a car worth 10k and someone offered you 15k you'd likely entertain it . may be that's what was meant?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saying biggest mistake ever and Pascal has a giant ego? Nah, I doubt it. Your 10K car's driving on a one way street.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #1-5 & 9=TROLL

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laid off thousands? Closed existing sites? Wasted $$ on uneeded new ones? Yet to deliver a single blockbuster product? Watch as new products failed in safety trials one after the other with tens of millions lost each time?

If that's how Pascal shows his caring for people and the organization, no thanks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Add #11, Oh No, The Sky is Falling...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pascal got paid $1,000,000.00 to take the job. This was recommended by the professional compensation experts.

They must think that if you are as high level as a Mr. Pascal, you re beyond Human Being status.

Do ya really think the man has an incentive to make a change? Whadda ya think his exit worst case package looks like? What does good look like?

HAhahahaha

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And he inherited a pretty big mess which is why he was brought on board. As if you could do any better. My bad, you ARE good at bitchin.'

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He doesnt give a rats ass about keeping anyone employed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well shoot, add #14-16, enjoy your humor!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not the biggest mistake for Pascal, he gets to keep his nice cushy CEO job, and he also got to cash out some shares and options at a very high price. Winning!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, cushy CEO job. Personally I wouldn't want all that pressure no matter what the cost.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, you aren't even being considered for the position.