CNS division massive cuts

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2014 at 2:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be 50-75 percent cuts coming in December. If you have very few psychiatrists you are gone. If you are seeing a lot of primary care you are gone. If you in Texas, Cali or ny you better being looking due to kickback issues. XR is toast and pristiq is being packaged with Pfizer buyout. Best of luck looking this time of year.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With XR going off patent and nothing in the pipe this will be a distant memory much like Lilly CNS. Lilly who? aZ who?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't believe a single word of it! AZ can't get away from the SOV model. They love it! They fill every vacancy. If anything, CNS will continue to grow.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nah, we have Movantik! They NEED us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We won't have any reductions anywhere, any division until at least 2016. Its clear that if there were to be announcements it would be before now . for goodness sakes, when you hire almost without end in diabetes and no surprise if they hired 1000 more, keeping on contract reps 2 more years.now if you want writing on the wall, that should be it.any reductions in any area outside of diabetes will simply be placed into diabetes. I don't get it either . virtually every large pharmacy company has had reductions in last two-three years.we have remained intact . take that to heart and quit stirring discourse for those who actually need and enjoy working for AZ. We are overall very blessed to have opportunities like we have given current climate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, there is still 2 more years on XR..that is a lot of money. In addition CNS is going to launch Movantik..no way are they going to cut.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the heads up. All I have to do now is add 100 more Psychs to my list and I'm good to go! Another clueless OP!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just can't add psychs who are not there. Talk about clueless. If you don't have a lot of psychs you don't have a lot of GI. Simple. Big cuts soon.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are specialty...remember..not cns..therefore we will survive..we are movantik!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some will go to Diabetes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only those with decent tenure and high need with go to Diabetes.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee, thanks for the accurate predictions... ASSHAT!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see. Today is October 21st, so 60 days warn notice is going to put us around December 20th, if as you state, AZ is laying off in December, so we already know it cannot be early December. Doubt they would do it right around the holidays, but we should know in a few days if you're a genius or just a bullshitter (I'll take a risk and vote for the latter).

The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) protects workers, their families, and communities by requiring most employers with 100 or more employees to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do a little research on how Pascal did his layoffs while he was at Sanofi. Everyone was still technically warned/ still employed for 60 days but layoffs were announced on Monday and completed by Friday. 50 % of the Plavix team gone by Friday. Everyone got full pay kept their cars etc for 2 months but did not work. Obviously, he believes that having reps in the field during the warn period is bad idea.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is correct. Actavis just did the same thing. No WARN and reps are collecting full pay until severence kicks in Jan 1. WARN is outdated. Finally someone makes sense here.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. So technically you are still getting paid, employed, and warned over 60 days, but not working. Tricky bastard.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zzzzz....another "inside scoop" on CP. I expect that soon some gasbag will break the news that there's this thing called the internet that's going to change our lives.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every time AZ has ever and I mean ever done layoffs they have always given at least 6 months severance! Why would this different?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, so here we are Nostradamus, November 10th. No WARN, no nothing. Even if you were told to stop working tomorrow and you would be laid off in 60 days it would be 2015. Will check back with you by end of November to see where your beloved Pfizer is.

You ain't got nuttin but bullshit.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CNS is untouchable. XR is making money, and nobody gives 2 shits about Pristiq. AZ hires for every vacancy. No layoffs now, or ever!