F*ck headhunters

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont you just hate these fake headhunters?

I feel there is a difference between a headhunter and an executive recruiter.

Pisses me off when they call and then start trying to find out where I'm working, how much I'm making, etc. just to update their database and don't have a job. Or they send you on an interview and it's just for a hiring manager friend who has to show they are seeing outside candidates but already have a friend for the position.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Happens ALL the time. Recruiters are slugs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or they'll be coy about the job description & salary range, preferring to string you along. Why can't they just be honest and say...look the company is only prepared to pay X? Do you want to proceed or not? The only reason I can think of is because there really isn't a job available and their fishing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd be more respectful of them if I were you. They're full commission, and many are former pharma and managers or reps. They're doing what they can to survive. Additionally, it doesn't hurt to have a recruiter work extra hard to hook you up.

There but for the grace of God, go I!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ex-friggin-zactly! Figuring them out is easy. When they have no specifics on the position they are "screening" for, and they start asking about your national ranking, any questions geared toward the size of sales force, anything about a competitive sell, launch timeline, product positioning or even the reason you are looking ( we know when they are trying to figure out if there is an expansion or downsizing going on) You can be certain they have zero value! Fact: there are "recruiters" out there that are fronts for competitive business intelligence scammers. Do not doubt it. If they have no specifics, and are only screening- get the hell away!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't always them. Much of the screening they do is at the direction of the hiring company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the primary issue. Remember the travel agencies? The same applies to head hunters.

There is zero need of recruiter / head hunter today. A simple ad on Linked In or Indeed will generate over 100 qualified candidates. The top 3 will be outstanding. They will interview the top 3 and........end up hiring the friend of rep who works the cosmetic counter at Macy's.

Pharma is entry level sales.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and now we see how these same scam "recruiters" or "screeners" are constantly combing through posts on C pharma as well. Nice try at a cover up. Direction of hiring company? Bull Sit! If a screener has zero evidence of a specific position that they can make public, for example if there is only vague titles in their on their web site, and/or if they cannot share with you any specifics on the position they are looking to fill, do not trust them! Unless there is concrete evidence that a recruiter works directly for the hiring company or a legit CSO, do not waste your time! The are not legit. They take information from one person, and flat out unknowingly sell it to another. Do not doubt for a second. The only one to profit from the jobs seekers time, is them. CI scam.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The black helicopters are circling your house as we speak.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nice attempt to bury it moron

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a number of sites that do this specifically. They have no real jobs. They just take information and sell it. If you click on a job, you find an expired link or a notice saying, "this job is not longer available." Then there are the resume service "headhunters." They say they have lots of jobs but for executives and they believe you would qualify with a better resume. They call you and chat it up and after about the third call, you find out they want 90 a month to send you leads and 3000 to rewrite your resume and coach you through an executive interview. . . . total scam. I have found that having a current and well-written LinkedIn profile with lots of good connections including recruiters, will eventually get you a job. Networking is the key to finding a job. My last job, however, a REAL headhunter found me on LinkedIn and worked with me to get me a wonderful job. She was wonderful. So, there are some good ones but they are up front from the first conversation and usually will tell you the type of job/client and income potential.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're an idiot. I'm just a rep. Do you hear the men in black knocking at your back door?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy to doubt this is a rep. mr chameleon for some reason prefers to name call someone who seems to simply wants to share a little information in order to save time and aggravation for those of us looking to advance our career. dude claims to be a rep, an investor, not a stretch to think he may be one of the pompous ones that calls us pretending to be some kind of recruiter, candidate screener, headhunter. Useless.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. Why would the men in Black knock at his door when he only told e truth.

You seem naive

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simply because he is saying I'm one looking to collect and sell information and it's just a stab in the dark.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are a recruiter?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then don't be a sleazy headhunter, be an executive recruiter

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get a load out of this ones Bull shit. "Be more respectful" my ass. The line about being former pharma is pure stank. If they pull the "i'm former pharma" BS, yet still have no specifics on the job, tell them to screw. "Doing what they can to survive?" fill a crock of fresh puke. really? doing what they can too survive, who isn't? If baiting with a phony career prospect then coercing one to feel comfortable, with intent to get (and then sell) non public information- they are not surviving. They are steeling! Yes, executive recruiters with legit employers who place people directly with company or CSO: greatest respect, fully deserved, well done. Placing people matters! All worth it! Let's all go on and be better employed! On the other hand, the BS head hunters- OP says it best!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aww, you sound mad.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No