Allergan to purchase Shire ?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crazy! We will have to wait and see

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's Fleming's MO

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan's stock is trading around $165, having jumped 15 percent on news of Valeant's offer.

With Shire, Allergan would gain the ADHD drug Vyvanse, which drew $1.23 billion in 2013 revenue. Shire also focuses on rare diseases, with drugs like Elaprase for an enzyme deficiency called Hunter syndrome and Replagal for Fabry disease drawing $546 million and $468 million last year, respectively.

And the 12.5 percent Irish corporate tax rate can't be ignored—despite Pyott's comments earlier this year that he's unlikely to step in line with industry trends and seek acquisitions there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me too!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also hope this goes through...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh please, oh please, oh please.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you want this to go through???

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I can get my severance pay and move on

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is ridiculous! The grass is not always greener on the otherside. Your probably a rep that doesn't work and hasn't been successful at Shire. Good luck job hunting. It sucks! You don't need to be at Shire anyway with that ungrateful attitude.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Some of us are happy here at Shire. You sound like a typical rep who has been at Shire for so long you are now taking it for granted. Anyone that has had to actually search for a job in this job market knows how fortunate we are to work for a good company like Shire.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever the unhappy rep here is - PLEASE GO!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You first. Why do you care what someone else thinks? Maybe you should go since you don't like the people you work with

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe they're upset because new reps on their team make $20,000 more in base than they do. Good idea Shire.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire made salary adjustments to compensate for this. Remember you accepted the job offer they gave you. If you are still unhappy after the adjustment then leave. No one is forcing you to be here. If you think you are worth more I am sure another company will pay you more. Complaining on the forum won't help you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why complain and be stuck at a company you don't like working for? Truth is that Shire is a GREAT company to work for. Sorry youre disgruntled, but it's up to you to make the best of it or make a change for yourself.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd think it more likely Allergen would seek to trim managment where there would be clear duplication of roles and obvious savings to be made - whilst retaining the sales force