Heard about Vascepa launch?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We need Pfizer to buy Amarin corp. Our drug for alzheimer's just failed and we need jobs. Please Pfizer buy Amarin and give us something exciting to sell.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one will buy your overpriced worthless fish oil, just forget it.

"Amr-101", if approved, will have just horrible margins and no patents of value (decades old Japanese product).

There is however, a drug based on omega-3 being developed in Norway that looks interesting, but then it is rumored to be ten times as potent as Lovaza or Amr-101, with better pre-clinical resultd than Lipitor.. THAT is interesting.

Some info about it here on p. 24/25

http://www.pronova.com/getfile.php/WEB/Janne/Filarkiv/Other/Presentation%20DnBMarkets%20Healthcare%20Conference.pdf

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep pumping your Phase I drug Pronova boy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The joke will be on the GSK Kool-aid drinking Lovaza selling idiot who keeps calling AMR101 a joke. You won't be laughing when AMR101 is launched and quickly crushes Lovaza and your measly bonuses dwindle to near zero.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On page 19 in the presentation is says that Pfizer already are a partner with Pronova, is that in Europe or what? And on page 25 it shows that the new drug actually have beaten Lipitor in pre clinical trials! How can it be so effective if it's based on just omega-3?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just approved AMR101 brand name VAscepa

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, let me get this straight, Amarin's (nonexistent) reps are going to fly around to docs selling only one product, an inferior fish-oil?

Hahaha, that is a good one, GSK will crush you to pieces!

And could you PLEASE get a real job and stop spamming this board with your nonsense??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes they will fly around GSK headquarters and drop shit on them. Pfizer needs a drug time to make a move.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vascepa is golden. Time to short pron.ol (Lovaza). IF Pfizer doesn't go after Amarin, will Amarin hire a CSO like Vanguard (NJ)?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop dreaming, the superior Lovaza will destroy Vascepa (what a horrendous name btw)!

Amarin will soon be in chapter 11 and both Pfizer and GSK will laugh even more:)

All the large pharma's support Lovaza/Omacor, incl. Pfizer (in Italy).

No serious company will sell pure EPA with it's horrible margins and from 2015 Lovaza will be generic!

Enjoy your coming bankruptcy:)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds very defensive to me puppy dog.

I am sure a certain VP of Cardiovascular who now runs a CSO is all over this already.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you Amarin guys really think Pfizer will cough up a billion or two for some old fishoil anyone basically can buy from the Japanese?

Just because YOU happen to own some shares in Amarin?

Newsflash, Pfizer's management works for PFIZER's shareholders, ok??

One minute on Google revealed this:

http://www.nissui.co.jp/english/corporate/frontier/15/index.html

The Japanese have developed and produced pure EPA for decades!

This Vascepa or whatever COULD probably make SOME money if it where not for generic Lovaza, but that will be on the market in a little over two years!

If you don't believe me take it from GSK themselves:

http://www.gsk.com/media/pressreleases/2011/2011-pressrelease-381896.htm

So how on earth can anyone make money on Vascepa/EPA when it will be so much more expensive to produce?

Why are Takeda launching Lovaza in Japan next year?

http://www.takeda.com/press/article_43097.html

Looks like you guys have Pfizer, Abbott, GSK, Takeda and several others against you here, that is a pretty tough crowd to beat:)

But good luck anyway!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://seekingalpha.com/article/759291-amarin-path-clearer-after-fda-approval

Amarin Path Clearer After FDA Approval by Steve Rosenman
    July 28, 2012 *|*9 comments *|* about: AMRN
    A day after approval of Amarin's (AMRN) AMR-101 to help treat patients with very high triglycerides, the path forward seems more clear, with many potential catalysts identified on a conference call that happened just after 7pm on July 26. This brief covers where we are now and where the stock is heading.

AMRN just secured FDA approval to sell AMR-101. This will enable the company to compete in a $1.5-$2 billion space in 2013, and also set AMRN up to file an SNDA in 2013 for the much larger indication of patients with high triglycerides—an $8-$10 billion market. Investors should be evaluating AMRN's value based on the "Anchor" trial since it was highly successful.

The company awaits NCE (new chemical entity) status, but that is more perception than material for the long-term, as AMRN's patent protection has become very robust, protecting it from generics and competitors until at least 2030. NCE ruling is due mid August, and the approved AMR-101 label along with recent patents would support a positive ruling. The company also expects favorable ruling on at least two patents in coming weeks, one of which is a method of use and could add significant value to the stock.

More important to consider, the 7/26 conference call revealed some new information:

Highly differentiated labeling vs. Lovaza drug—more benefits, less side effects
    CEO very much eliminated one of the three potential pathways to launch, saying "partnership would be highly complex" and alluding to a partnership as the last resort. In my view, a partnership doesn't work here—can't do it quickly and AMRN would need to retain all ownership.
    That leaves buyout or self launch with third party. The "third party" language was a net positive, as this means AMRN wouldn't really "go it alone".
    There was no mention of raising additional capital, and to hire a sales force, even with third party support, would require significant cash.
    A comment by the CEO about when the company would bring a sales force on suggested time frame for path forward decision would be within 2 months.
    Outcomes study enrollment on track for completion by the end of 2012
    As a recent Barron's article suggested, any big pharma company will be a player here, with multiple bids likely.

Investors should be cautioned about articles that suggest Amarin did not get the label it wanted. There are some very misleading reports out there. By contrast, it got exactly what it applied for in the NDA and even more. Here is a link for the recorded conference call. Remember, this go around was for an NDA for Marine indications. Indication for expanded market takes place with next filing in 2013. It is amazing what gets published without doing due diligence on a stock—the Motley Fool stories in particular put the "Fool" in Motley Fool. In fact, CNBC's Mad Money program late Friday called out the inaccurate reports out there about AMRN not scoring the right label.

Look for AMRN to track upward toward $20 after some profit taking and short-term players exit the stock. NCE and patents should help the price build to the $20 range. With buyout talks getting more serious, it is reasonable for the stock to at least double, if not triple from current levels, as the second indication should value the company over $6 billion.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no idea about any Yahoo message board, I really think my time is better spent on more constructive things than reading or writing about a company that for all intents and purposes seems pretty much worthless:)

It was YOU who brought this nonsense to THIS board with your ridiculous attempts to "pump" Amarin.

A lot of innocent people can lose their hard earned savings because of behavior like his.

But could you rather comment on the links I provided instead of posting stuff totally irrelevant to the discussion?

Truth be told (after reading just the links I posted), it looks like "Amarin" might be a full-fledged scam?

I also just saw that Amarin's stock was down over 10% yesterday and that was WITH approval!

That should tell you SOMETHING, right?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The lowest scum on this earth are people trying to fool others into worthless stocks:-

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you and exactly the reason I stayed away from pron.ol (lovaza). Pfizer rejected it in the US for a reason? It'll be relegated to the OTC aisle in no time. Give me something that excites my docs again. Vascepa just might be it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vascepa is it. Everyone knows it. Give it a month or so and Pfizer will gobble up Amarin.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amarin is a solid company with a new medication that will hit billions in sales before generics hit the market. If I were selling in this market, I would want to stay informed on potential competition. Regarding investment opp's, who better than a knowledgeable well-read Biotech/pharma sales rep who knows a good pharma stock to buy when he sees one and Amarin is a good one (Read the clinical info on Vascepa; it is better than Lovaza). True, Amarin's pps took a hit Friday, but that was mainly due to short-sighted day traders and other traders responding abruptly to several articles filled with misinformation. While these folks were selling, others were buying and/or holding their AMRN shares, because they know this is a potential $30-40 pps stock, especially when a buyout is considered.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one will buy Amarin, just saying something that stupid demonstrates that you have no high level pharma knowledge whatsoever.. Generic Lovaza from Apotex is introduced in 2015. Two years later there will be several more generic Lovaza versions, so after that there are no visibility whatsoever. No one will buy something that can be basically worthless after 5 year.

And Amarin can never get sales over 150 million alone before the first generic Lovaza version is on the market in 2015... So that basically means Amarin won't make a dime in profits, ever. And this is now priced at a couple of billions? You better get out of that stock immediately or else you will lose everything. A drug is only worth the net profit it will generate and Amarin's fish oil will never generate anything net.. Zero, zip. It has no value, the stock can't be worth a dollar even, fundamentally speaking.