Looking to switch companies

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2014 at 8:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Currently work as a trauma rep for one of the big companies for the last 6 years but am looking to make a change. I was just wondering what the typical lifestyle is like for a boston scientific rep and what types of benefits do you receive. If anyone has any insights on what it is like to work for boston scientific it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My buddy works there. Makes good money, but has no life. And is stressed out of his mind. He pretty much has to kiss up to doctors all day and take them out all night. He can't stand his arrogant co-workers either. Up to you. If you are in good shape, and can handle long hours and stress, then do it. If not, then look for a local gig with not too much stress. I also have friends at intuitive, stryker, olympus, and both hate their jobs for similar reasons. most of the med device guys i know hate their jobs and do it because they love the money, and nothing else. sorry to be a downer, but that is the truth. actually, one that works at medtronic likes the job, but he is an idiot and lives in la, la land and does lots of drugs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya I am in a position where I work every night and every other weekend I have no problem working the long hours I know every company you work for in medical devices will come with the long hours. What is the call schedule like is it a lot of weekend calls. Also what is a typical compensation for a rep

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call would depend on what divisions you are looking to join. If CRM it varies anywhere between every week and every four or five weeks. Interventional Cardiology (IC) does not take call but spend endless hours in the lab chasing the few stent cases that exist.

The pay is decent and comparable with other companies of similar design. It also depends on your territory size and percent to quota. For CRM reps (not clinical) the range is $150- to over $500k in established areas. For IC range is about the same. This is in contrast to 8-10 years ago when the average rep was making $300K+ and top reps were $800K+

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck hitting anything near 300k. Most reps are a little north of 100k. Still, the job isn't that great, because you are pushing over-priced products, have to deal with lots of micromanagement, and surgeons are annoying.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there any other companies you would recommend looking at. If it we're you making a switch right now where would you be looking? Thank you for all the advice I don't think I would leave my current spot for That. Always looking for new opportunities though.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Intuitive surgical and Spectranetics are pretty cushy gigs for the pay.