Endoscopy

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm late to this board but truly love the Cook reps looking through the window of those other BSX reps making 2X what they do. Hey Cook reps, I could sell Toyotas at the local strip mall and earn more than working for that shit bag of a company.

Hey, great market development you guys do....it's like your Sanyo and BSC is Sony. Nothing you make is as good but yet you market it as "just like BSC". Yet one thing remains...I don't remember having our devices causing Sentinal events like; your clip in Jacksonville; your Biopsy forceps in San Diego; that hokeyass Cholangiospcopy ballon (another innocent patient bites the dust). Hey...how about asking those patients that you did bench testing on in actual accounts getting another X-Mas with their families...Ohhh I know...they can't now because your desperate fucking company, who is always in the shadows and doesn't care out patient care is so willing and able to focus on a number and not the person on the bed.

It's no question why I wipe my ass with your Marketshare...because this is supposed to be a business where patients come first. It's the job of my engineers to develop the best technologies that support how MDs treat patients. All you do is wait to see what we do...get your jackass TMs together with another MD whos got their name on a product, and see how you can reverse engineer what we have. And trust me...I've seen it actaully happen with our Biliary platform.

While you DRINK THAT COOK KOOLAID and polish off that resume to be a greeter at the local Walmart when your 60...I'll be sitting on a beach, enjoying the cash in my bank, and looking back at those Cook reps Ive run over (6 down)... working for the #1 company in the GI space.

Don't worry...we all know we're representing what matters...Patients #1, Bank account #2. Unlike that unethical POS you associate with...you represent neither.

Man I feel better!!!...KISS MY ASS!! & ALOHA!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This might be the dumbest message board I have come across. So let me get the fact that I used to work at this shit bag company out of the way. I didnt leave because I couldnt hack it or didnt sell BT, I left because of the POS Director of Sales "running" one of the divisions and the DB he reports to. running. I am not a Cook rep trolling as I agree, they SUCK! BSC Endo as a whole has gone down the drain in the last 3-4 years based on an oversized ego and ZERO product releases in the last two years. The new handle on the Expect needle and flimsy net on the Twister Plus doesnt count. The money sucks...explain how they justify taking tenured reps and dropping base salary to $50K. Some of these reps have been there for 10 years making at least $75K base. In the last 6 months alone, they have lost great clinical reps because they dont know how to treat them. They have and will continue to fail at realizing the competitive window in the GI space is getting smaller and smaller. Reputable companies like Covidien and EndoChoice are nipping at the heels and the only way BSC knows to combat that is to talk shit about the product and raise prices...

BT is a completely different story. They overpaid for Asthmatx (see Guidant) and have yet to get close to where they need and want to be. BC/BS coverage has been a complete joke and a majority of the docs are not willing to go to bat for this technology because it does not make their practice a better one. The reimbursement sucks and its time consuming compared to that of a regular bronch. I believed in the technology and I was able to sell it, but felt dirty after doing so knowing the facility just blew $60K for a piece of equipemt to sit on the shelf...

I guess now is the time all of the Kool-Aid drinkers will come out of the woodwork and call me a loser, troll, hack, etc... I am just trying to tell it like it is. The company manages with fear and nothing will change until there is a change in the senior leadership.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's my disagreement:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Endochoice is a reputable company? That just destroys your entire argument. We don't compete with Endochoice on ANYTHING. How many stents has Endochoice sold in it's entire history? 200? They're a fucking infection control company trying to get a "me too" scope off the ground and it's failing miserably. Their device business can't be more than $1MM per year. That's the size of our smallest territory. We've lost a couple people to Endochoice with the allure of making huge money on their scope- so I've kept my eye on them. They've sold no more than 20 total systems in their first year, and the number might be closer to 10. I've asked 25+ high level KOL physicians about their scope and they aren't even a blip on the radar. Olympus absolutely owns the market. One of the supreme douchebags in all of the universe used to work here and now is their "VP of Sales", Greg Constintino. That's all you need to know about Endochoice right there.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It also doesn't help that they're quoting Fuse at $250k