Linked or Coincidence?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These facts cannot be disputed: 1. American exceptionalism is in decline. 2. Merck's industry exceptionalism is in decline. I wonder if there is a relationship to some degree. Anyone?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100 percent. Everyone in America feels entitled. Education system stinks. That is why r and d is being outsourced. In 10 years we will wish we can be good as china and India

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The things you list are NOT facts. Do a little research into to the history of America and you will find that schools don't teach anything close to the truth.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The U.S. is becoming drummer by the minute. Science and math are not valued. Sad.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

history is the key word. Great in the 50's. Not so great now. Maybe ranked 20th worldwide in math and science.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The American victim mentality reigns. Entitled and unaccountable. Anything not to their liking is someone else's fault. We have whole generations that have been taught this. Well guess what, life's not fair or equal. No one owes you anything. You have to earn it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no none wants to sacrifice for anyone including family. Hell, there was one guy who got brutally slammed because of one income. He wanted his wife to be home for the kids. He was sacrificing for his family and someone said the wife was a freeloader and he should get divorced. Welcome to America. Don't sacrifice, let someone else raise the children while they run after the might dollar. These children will be the first generation that does not have it better than their parents. They don't know how to earn.

Welcome to America.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, the husband and wife who were trying to sacrifice to give their children something money can't buy, should be applauded not vilified.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I put my hub through grad school so I could stay home if we eventually had kids. We give up a lot, but the love from our child is priceless. We didn't have kids to be trophies. My child's love makes me happy, not material objects. And yes we were scared poopless when we lost that income, but we made it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not at Merck. That was made clear as day.