I Live By This Motto

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the heck does this mean or have to do with the post. No one commented about someone's "feelings". Just the facts.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, I have no connection to Merck leadership nor do I want any connection. Leadership is responsible for their failures and there have been many. However, when you and I were hired, Merck did not adopt you, marry you, or promise you a job or position for life. In fact, you and I did not promise or contract to stay for life. We agreed as employer and employee to do a certain job for certain pay and benefits. Nothing more and nothing less. And we have been paid what we agreed to. If the environment is not what you like, if your feelings are hurt or you are unhappy you and you alone have the power of choice: choose to stay or choose to leave. Stop complaining and start looking. No one said it would be easy to change or find your "perfect" job. But you will never find it moaning and whining about how everything is someone else's fault. Leadership is so horrible. It's a toxic work environment, etc. etc. Do something. Stop the blame game Be an adult with some self respect and leave. No one OWES you or me anything.

It is very telling when your fallback position is to call names. Shows you have nothing to offer in the dialogue.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Que the music....

......for this individual who likes to spend an entire career working for any company and then has the balls to come on this site to lecture the rest of us on how we should all bend over and take it up the a$$.

Oh ! And don't worry dip $hit I already got a gig lined up so it is not about going to find something else !

For those of us that worked & bled for this company for over two decades... we should get treated just as well as all the SOBs who walk around who think their $hit doesn't stink because they have a Golden Parachute on their back.

HEY EVERYBODY !!!!
    I don't even think this jerk even works for this company !
    (if he/she does I guess they enjoy getting screwed)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do work for this company but do not have a victim mentality.
    Your name calling simply reinforces you have no credible response.
    If you want a golden parachute, go earn one. Drop the entitlement mentality. I don't have one and don't expect anyone to give one to me.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? How many dimes in a dozen?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our executives---past and present---earned their golden parachutes. Imagine making millions of dollars to ruin a company and the lives of tens of thousands of people.

There is a special place in hell for Merck management.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Different person here than the guy you replied to. You are right about the power of choice, and I actually exercised mine. It felt really liberating to land on my feet elsewhere. Still, from a macro perspective, you have to marvel at how toxic the Merck culture has been, and where it will ultimately lead. The leadership obviously does not give 2 sh!ts about talent retention, many of whom have gone on to competitors that recognize and value their skills. Merck upper management is desperately hanging on to their Jack Welch-inspired scorched earth policy, with layoffs every single year for at least the past 6 years. And brutal, relentless forced rankings for those that survive. Most organizations have realized how this decimates both teamwork and morale over the long term, and have abandoned this style of management. Merck clings to it, fostering distrust and one-upmanship. Moreover, upper management has become entirely disconnected from the day-to-day realities in the field (sales) and in the labs (R&D). They are obsessed with pushing process, because it makes things look "busy" even though it does not lead anywhere in terms of new drugs or improved sales. So, my friend, it's not so much about blame, but just continued bewilderment. At how a once-proud industry leader has self-destructed from within.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here, Here !

I'll second that !