Save me some time, car question

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know the answer is somewhere however I am too busy looking for a job. Anyone know how long we have our cars past June 23rd? Trying to prepare. Please, refrain from the crappy comments. We are all going through hard times. Be kind.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should be thru your severance date, late august.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of guessing or hearing from us who really don't know much unless we are the Fleet people, why not plan as if someone will show up and drive the car away within a week?

I had a new one ready and in my garage and it was within 2 days before they came, inspected, checked out and left with the car.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If like last time cars will be picked up within 1-2 weeks. Just don't answer phone that is what my old partner did and kept her car 6 weeks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Received word today that cars will be available to is through July 25.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had to call to schedule my car pick up. Nobody ever called. I was ready to move on and get rid of all things Merck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would plan on having the car for quite some time. I was part of the Ophthalmic team that was let go late last year and I had the car for at least 2 months. In fact, I had to call to get it taken away. I imagine with the (large) # of people who will be let go fleet will have its hands full trying to coordinate times to inspect and pick up vehicles. If there is a silver lining in being let go (besides leaving this toxic environment) then maybe that's it

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does the company still pay for gas as long as you have it?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One thing is for sure, they will turn off the gas cards July1, but who cares, it's your car for at least a month, maybe two

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My only question is this.....

Having the car as long as possible is great, but I hope that the bastards who decide to turn off the gas card on 1 July are also planning on not docking my paycheck for the hundred & whatever $$$ for two months (July & Aug) either ?

Paying us 2 months salary (July & Aug) is not my idea it is theirs, so if I am paying for the car allowance for those 2 months then the gas card SHOULD STAY ON !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Wow, that is entitlement at it's best. The amount we pay monthly is a very small fraction of what we would make as a car payment. Grow up. I personally feel pretty damn lucky to have it past D-day. Where else would that happen?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are they putting new tires on old cars?
    Got a 2011 Tin Lizzy that needs to be turned in!

I thought I was getting a new car!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the very least, top off the tank the night before you get your call.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

<-------- LOOK EVERYBODY ------->

Another lackey who thinks it's okay for Merck to constantly lie & treat their employees like $HIT and then we are suppose to appreciate the fact that we are being laid off and have their precious car for a few extra days and then pay for their incompetence of having destroyed this company !

I would have been here for 20 years as of 7 Sep and HR says oh well separation is as of 31 Aug and so that equals only 19 years !

REALLY ??? No buffer ? HR says nope !

Now that's really "Grown Up" of a company that "takes care of patients 1st" ; right ?

So go F yourself poster, either you're an A / D rep who's gloating or some sort of freak that loves to be bent over by a company who does not give a crap for their employees or their families.

I hope that bastard Kenny boy burns in a special hell that awaits him and all CEOs / VPs buddies like him.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck made some bad choices, had some bad luck, overall it is a business. They have to make tough business decisions. It is not all about "you" and your 19 or 20 years. Sales is a great place to be, we have been damn lucky to have this job as long as we have. Primary care sales is dying. We had more flexibility, and better salaries and better benefits than 98% of the work force.. Not to mention it is an easy job. Stop bitching and blaming others and start looking. Put your big boy pants on. Shit happens. By the way, I am a B rep and at risk. I just see the big picture.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One thing is for sure, the survivors won't be ordering new cars for a while. Can't wait to inherit a Malibu with 20k miles and baby formula stains & cheerios under the seat.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will call you to close out, pick up car, samples etc.
    BUT if you have your car past your official last day with merck gas is not paid for or any other typr of maintance for that matter, and there will be no insurance on the car.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has to be insured in nj. It's illegal to have a car uninsured even parted in the driveway or on the street. They still own the car.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will have the option to buy your car if it is over a year old. It might be a good option if the price is right.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The gas card will be shut off July 1 as we are not officially in the field, just on payroll. It is the same as a new rep in training or home study. No need for a car as you are not making sales calls. Either way, so we pay the gas, sounds good to me. Top off the tank.