Wash. DC Pharma Detailer Act- SafeRx question

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi. Trying to get a sense for what others are doing regarding this. Our company is requiring everyone, reps, MSLs, etc to get credentialed. Entire teams not just Dthose covering DC. claiming at conventions an HCP may be FROM dc and it applies there too even in another location. Are others handling differently? TIA

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the first question to ask a HCP at a convention, etc., is "What state are you currently practicing in?"

If the answer is DC, or any of the other nanny states that come up with this clap-trap, then you may have to say, "I'm sorry, I am unable to discuss our products with you because of state regulations."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Registration is only required if you actually interact in DC. Personnel that visit DC should register. Providing information at a convention outside of DC does not require registration.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds to me that this will severely limit the number of medical conventions in DC. If companies have to jump through hoops, they may just find it easier to save the expense of setting up a booth (and financing the convention). Planners will find it easier to have these events in surrounding states.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems if I was a convention facility/hotel in Virginia or Maryland, I might be contacting my pharmaceutical clients reminding them that they should consider having their meetings at my place instead of over-regulated DC?