Online vs. traditional PharmD??

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2007 at 3:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a difficult time imagining that a PharmD degree obtained online is very credible versus a traditional 3 or 4 year PharmD program? Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are absolutely correct in assuming this. I had a candidate who obtained their PharmD online... As a result of this several of my clients did not want to interview this client.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like a recruiter is a "credible" source.

Drop dead weasel.

PS - No I did not get me degree on-line but know otehr whom have done so and are jsut as competant!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't they just assign someone a PharmD at high school graduation?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CLASSIC!!

Not what is used to be. Pharm D is totally watered down nowadays....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is just as good--especially if you are a RPH and have been doing the job for years. Give me a break. Actually- online can be more rigorous, requires more self-discipline, and self motivations. Which are key factors in MSL positions--outside of having apersonality, social abilities, and presentation skills.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Problem with pharmds is that they don't understand overall patient disease management, disease staging, and in-clinic observational experiences. I have trained numerous ones in oncology. There are serious clinical problems and most seem unhappy with be a pharmacist except in name only.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"...with be a pharmacist except in name only." Are we supposed to believe you are a physician or advanced practitioner with those poor communications skills?

You are probably a rep who applied for an MSL position, only to be shot down by someone with real credentials.

Go back to Mexico with your Guadalajara MD, if you even have one. The closest you probably come to the MD is residing in Maryland for a few months in prison.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another name for PharmD is pharm DUMB!!!

They should only be counting pills not being MSLs

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't run into too many reps with MD's. Guadalajara or otherwise. I wouldn't be too dimissive of such a valuable degree, when you don't own any "D".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously now, why do all these topics erode into "my degree is better than yours" with regards tho the MSL position?

I have seen good and bad MSL with all degree types. The good ones have an excellent balance of science, personality, and business acumen. The poor ones, or the ones who burn out lack one or more of the aforementioned skills. MD, PHD, RPh, PharmD Msc, RN, BSN, etc., does not predict success just as not having one predicts failure. Too many good people out there.

Although, it is funny watching the fur fly.....

We have a great job. LEt's enjoy it!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do know that from the resume it is almost impossible to discern if the degree was online or live if you attend an accredited college? Further, other than the first job you get where you need the degree, no one cares after that point.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny! go back to school!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have two of them, in fact. Both earned and in the natural sciences and I hold two professional licenses.

Are you even board certified?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drivers license doesn't count!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Problem is...they hat ecounting pills and starring in "CVS" commercials. They are running from their own jobs.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was at the supermarket the other day and got a PharmD degree from the gum ball machine.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You owe me a new monitor...

Freaking classic!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same place you got your brain.

Too bad the brain is smaller and unused.