What do you plan to do with the Publicis diabetes contract

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know there will be a lot of smart ass answers, but if someone has true insight, please comment.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard to say at this point

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who knows? You'd think there would be cutbacks given the body count, but AZ seems to have resurrected the SOV model, and it appears the belief is that tossing as many bodies as possible into a heap might increase results.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only because Novo has saturated the market with reps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard that the goal is to get back to only AZ/BMS reps. No contract no DS3 and no speciality and less managers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DS3 reps are BMS reps...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ just hired 250 more contract reps to start in 2014. I think contract is done Dec 2014 for the DS4 reps but I am guessing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you suspect the contract may end early, in light of whats transpired?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, heard its ending early. They will not pay out large severances. That's why contract is perfect!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perfect for the company, not the reps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct DS4 ends Dec 2014. Can't see it ending early because of the Dapa launch. You aren't going to reduce head count during a launch. It is head scratching about the new Publicis contract. It could foreshadow where AZ wants to go with the diabetes franchise.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is where they all are going. Why pay so much when there are thousands of qualified reps out there desperate for a job. Read the tea leaves.......

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management will keep the contract reps and will let go hundreds of AZ/BMS reps. Cost factor and over-all long term benefits will be the main issue. Does it make business sense if there's 5 reps calling on the same provider for the same product? Be prepared since decision will be sooner than you think.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it does make sense if you are in AZ management. They are total idiots, much more suited to being janitors than managers.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey!! That's an insult to janitors. Don't be so mean

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

new Publicis force is SUMMIT ... so we have DS1, DS2, DS3, DS4 (contract), Summit (contract) and DS6 (specialty but contract??)
    WOW!!!!
    I cant imagine that contract stays but do get that they are cheap.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any truthful updates on employee plans anyone?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SUMMIT will get the ax. They have Ong/KXR only. DS4 will stay. Many of the high paid legacy DS2's will get the ax. Btw, there is no DS6, dickless. They are the ESS team.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you think DS4 will stay?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spray them rats with poison