Racist environment

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I look around at the white bread environment it is clear that diversity is avoided at all costs. How is it possible that this global organization has NO african americans in ANY leadership positions ? Simple, Racism.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe they just happened to choose the best candidate. Maybe you're the racist looking for special treatment for African Americans.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can' we all just get along here? At least I know that I have raised my family different than you two ignorami.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get the chip off your shoulder.

I don't think it's as "simple" as you think it is.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

diversity is ONLY good for the "diverse".

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been here a while it is recent that we have less. For a while 50% of regionals and 30% of of area directors were. Most left not fired or pushed out. I would go to to the website you are mistaken. Az is world wide(not USA).Diversity is just not African American, it is Indian, Asian etc.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Frenchy is running the company. About as far down the food chain as possible.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Troll. You dont even work here, and you're no even African American. Bring some evidence next time. Ever consider that the peeps of whom you speak may not want to leave their other jobs to be in big pharma. Spin your crap elsewhere. Perhaps this global org is on an LBGTQ agenda now, and you wouldn't be able to know that based on skin color.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is clear that whomever wrote this is, in fact, a racist.

An analysis of the quote above makes that clear. What is racism? It is special treatment, (positive or negative) based solely on the color of a person's skin. For example, the policy, if your skin is black, you have to sit in the back of the bus, is a racist policy.

He is also claiming that diversity is skin color, only, and in particular, black skin. What if there were Asians, Hispanic people in leadership, would that satisfy his diversity requirement? NO! Blacks are all he mentions as the test for racism.

Because he is racist. Racism should not be tolerated, regardless of the color of the skin of the racist.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There may be diversity of race, sex, and sexual orientation but the personalities, actions, and ideas are all the same. No diversity allowed when it comes to following orders without input or independent thought.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. It doesn't matter what color the person is who is swinging the whip. It feels the same to the person on the receiving end.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure about racism but there is blatant age discrimination at AZ. Why no gray heads at sales meetings?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cant be racist. rmember the diversity champion and the diversity calendar
    2005. I clearly recall having a district diversity teleconference and a district meeting where we spent an hour on diversity.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple, Just for Men hair coloring, it's so easy

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gosh, I was afraid you were going to say that in order to be in a leadership position you have to be under 6 feet tall.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aw C'mon what makes you think that? Why cant it just be that the qualifications are just not there?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age discrimination has been the 'law of the land" for a long time. Non-Caucasian a plus.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember when hr would roll out the latest diversity crap at every meeting like they knew something about it. And then you looked at the people who actually worked in h.r. and they were all females, minorities or gay females and gay minorities. Diversity is about more than skin color, sex and sexual orientation. Then at the meeting they would all go off in their own groups which was totally a segregation move and it was sponsored by........?
    Yep, H.R.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone salesperson at AZ is selected by a big time discrimination process, and it is entirely legal.

Everyone speaks well, or is articulate
    Everyone dresses well, within a code requirement
    Everyone is a college graduate
    Everyone has a sales background somehow, either via education or experience.
    Everyone passes a drug test.

There are plenty more things that apply to everyone and are discriminatory, not "diverse." AZ does not want diversity - not really - they want clones who will present the company message, like the company wants. The B about diversity is in fact racism. They require a percentage of certain people have skin that is a different color. There is no other diversity requirement than racism, therefore AZ is, in fact, racist. It just wants people to think it's not. And if you don't really think about it, they're not.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the Iranian terrorists who took American's hostage back in the Carter days wants to work at the UN.

Now not to be sarcastic at all, but THAT is diversity.

Pharma could gain from some real diversity. Truly different points of view on issues. Rather than just focusing on skin color. Isn't the skin color thing something they claim to oppose?