Bottom feeders?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is AZ the worst company? I sent my resume to a MedReps recruiter and he responded saying that his clients do not consider anyone from AZ. That we are viewed as bottom feeders in the industry. Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At one time AZ reps were certainly some of the best in the industry, but I am out of AZ now so it is difficult to say what it is like today. It sounds like there is poor inattentive management, selling via a formula, and as a result the reps do moan a lot and there are probably too many of them, so it is quite possible recruiters, or more likely those who seek their services, would not be desirous of AZ personnel.

It is perhaps even more likely experiences they have had after hiring AZ people. Would you want to hire someone who has spent their days checking boxes and giving the appearance of doing what is important to fill numerous metrics, as opposed to getting down to actual selling?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left AZ about 4 years ago and now work as a recruiter. I likeAZ reps because that is where I came from. My colleagues, though, will not touch an AZ rep with a ten foot pole. They view you guys as bottom of the pack. Sorry but it's true

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard the same thing. It's as if AZ was a contract sales org. Although pharma sales is a soft sell AZ has one of the worst reputations in the industry. I left over 10 years ago to work for Lilly. I love it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to get at least several recruiters a quarter calling me to lure me to another gig. Since joining AZ, NOT a single phone call. Hmm. AZ is horrible. They ruin anyone who really enjoyed selling with their fucking BS messaging and metrics. It is like being part of a babysitting organization. I hate it and rue the day I came here. Aside from never being able to leave, the benefits are OK, the pay is absolutely great, my manager is mostly tolerable but does two rides every single month. That being said, a lot of systems and clinics are simply closing to ALL reps. So, our jobs just keep getting tougher all the time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget numerous Corporate Integrity Agreements, Dear Doctor letters, and marketing off label issues handled through the FDA.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is simple; anyone who stays at AZ longer than 3 years has sold their dignity and sole for a paycheck and benefits. I think you just get numb after a while and the insults and micro managing mental torture from management don't seem to hurt as much. But once you leave then you realize how wonderful life can be again.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Johnson and Johnson was regarded as one of the top organizations 20 years ago, and despite some big time issues, they are still tops.

Have you ever heard of one instance of a former AZ person at any level -- even factory -- moving to JNJ?

Don't think so. AZ is a bottom feeder. They lucked in to Prilosec and rode the train singing "Wahoo!" the whole time. Now look.

Ineptness, incompetence, and cash. Result: Arrogance and failure. Top to bottom.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ had great reps through 2009 or so. Last few good ones left around 2011 and 2012. The ones left are truly either older or not that good.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow.... you are all so weak and an embarrassment.... bunch of negative know it alls. Get a life.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they didn't.

AZ always has had reps that no other major pharma company would hire. Then they watch over them like Big Brother, so they keep only reps that can't get a job somewhere else. It is a lose lose organization.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiots! We all work less than 20 hours a week, make 6 figures, and you fools still complain!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am at AZ and still get several calls from recruiters

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next time don't buy any of their Girl Scout cookies and they will leave you alone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pre-merger Zeneca in the 1990's was a well run efficient organization, staffed, for the most part by capable competent reps. The post merger hiring binge and moronic share of voice marketing strategy drove out 99% of the talent, leaving the company with the army of pathetic crybabies that were hired post-2000.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The issue is not that AZ is a bottom feeder. Its that they stopped employing sales people and went to employing 'talent'. Unfortunately few of the talent had any people skills or sales interest. When they moved on they demonstrated those same characteristics at their new companies.

The whole company went down the toilet. Simply a matter of lack of knowledge and experience in the leadership positions.

This is why the company is in its last days. And it was more of a US thing. The rest of the world is a different animal. That's why few will escape this purge.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the privileged FWAErs. What a joke they are!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ got better now that BMS was is part of the company!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN. It was once a terrific place to work for the most part. Good morale. Great people.