Zimmer's New Knee System...Persona

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word from Zimmer corporate (those of you with access to the TM1 report) is that sales are doing really well, though it is hard to tell exactly how much is cannibalized existing business. Regardless, it is reported internally to be doing well, and lifting sales of other older systems. Quarterly sales results seem to support this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much do you think that had to do with the recall of the nexgen femurs last month? Forced most loyal customers to at least try persona and probably helped the number.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had Zimmer Persona Done Oct 14 (Previous post) and all was well up until 4 weeks Therapy got to 0 and 135degrees flexion. A Clicking sound now has developed and EVERY TIME I flex my knee it clicks both ways. Surgeon trying to determine if Quad Tendons Pulled or if Patella Compromised Some. 4 Weeks of resting knee with no flexion past 90 degrees. I hope we can overcome this as I could have stretched them during my Intense therapy. Anyhow I guess a 3D Ultrasound in another 2 weeks as there is No Improvement Yet.... TBContinued..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The implant is only as good as the surgeon putting it in.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is more than a year Persona is launched, any input from someone who went with this?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to break the news to you - but patients do not read these boards. The numbers on Persona are great, that should tell the story.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, because having more sizes equates to better patient outcomes and satisfaction scores. And, of course, Epoly is so much better too. That's the ticket.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha Ha Competitor

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same competitor spewing BS on the DePuy website (Attune info). Smells like Stryker

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had above knee amputation last week because of that Personna knee, finally can bend my knee…oops….I don't have a knee anymore. Nevermind….I finally have total pain relief in my knee. Zimmer is on my radar for designing such a bad product. TBContinued…

11. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you for interest in cafepharma. The posts were removed because they were outside the scope of what information can be provided on our message boards.

This site is for sales reps and others in the pharma and medical device industries. It is a place for them to communicate with each other about their jobs, companies, and the industry. Although anyone may certainly visit and post, please be advised that this site is not designed to provide medical or pharmaceutical advice to patients, and should not be used in this way.

Please do not ask the reps here for advice on device/drug choice, side effects, etc. This is not the forum for that information. If you have questions or concerns, please speak with your doctor, pharmacist, or contact the companies directly.

Thank you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the major players have 2mm femoral sizing, assymetrical tibial components, new gen instruments, and "Epoly". I enjoy the line "And, of course, Epoly is so much better too.", like there is long-term clinical data showing this (yes, vitamin E looks great in lab tests).

I agree with some of the above posters, its not the daily grind anymore that sells these implants and moves market share. If you are a surgeon that does 3-4 or more joints per week, you are tied to your company/rep somehow, and most likely for good unless a better offer becomes available from an upstart knee company or POD situation. I can spend thousands of dollars a month on lunches, demos, dinners, meetings, inservices....and unless my company is "on board" then I am ultimately wasting my time. Maybe this is just my market, but the old surgeons have been locked into their implant for 10-15 years, and new surgeons go with whoever makes them a consultant first.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VERY TRUE....which is why 30-60-90 day plans are patently silly.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only game that the Persona knee is changing is the one for the lawyers! This is the worst implant I've seen in 20+ years of surgical experiene. Poor outcomes at best! Go ahead a schedule a manipulation for 6 weeks postop. Terrible kinematics. The tibial shim is a novel concept, but not worth the poor outcome.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tight in flexion. they explain why this will occur at the back of the surgical technique. think Zimmer knows something ??
    The femoral component grows in size posteriorly....thats the mistake they made

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell is a tibial shim?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats that little piece of wood you buy in a packet at Lowes. You just pound it in, between the tibia and femur until the patient walks straight. Works, but only lasts a few days!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah that femoral component growing posteriorly really was a bad design. I mean look at the registry data and outcomes of the nexgen. The 25 years of clinical success if just awful....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL on the tibial shim comment .......... I like that ................. nice touch...........correct me if I am wrong but Zimmer released the Persona in January of 2015 and are already recalling it????

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're wrong. You obviously don't work for Zimmer