CTLs nervous

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone with inside knowledge help? I've heard 50% will be cut our DCO won't even try to minimize the number so I tend to believe it could be true.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are really a CTL and asking such a question here?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like 40%

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking at today's email looks like many dcos were placed in other roles.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hate to see anyone loose their job but this action is long overdue. Someone must have finally woken up and realized that paying glorified babysitters a high 6 figure salary to manage 6-10 people was silly. To add insult to injury, customers could only roll their eyes as the two person tag team dog and pony show strolled into their office for the umpteenth time, whittling away what little access remained (the word counterproductive comes to mind). It still astounds me that this industry somehow deemed it necessary to have a manager follow a tenured, (often 10 plus years) rep around 1 sometimes 2 days a month. One can only laugh at the absurdity of this model!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto!!! Shocking!! Physicians think pharma is so self serving. Embarrassing to have a manager with you has several years less experience and NO people skills!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The use of monthly ride along days is absurd especially if the rep has at least 5 or 10 years experience...some reps have more sales experience than their managers!!

To make managers useful their roles need to change. Forget the field rides unless the rep is a newbie, known flunkie, violator or new to the company. It is wasted time. Customers usually do not like it, some hate it. Keep their role to running web meetings, live meetings and views from a few miles up....

One manager per 15 reps is the minimum. Everyone knows there is no need to see reps more than once a quarter........Webinars can serve any purpose including territory discussions and live meeting time.