abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GREAT FUTURE FORECAST!!! PROUD ABT/ADCer!!! Abbott's established pharma business, as well as its strategic acquisition of CFR and Veropharm, situates the company in a strong position to benefit from growing demand in emerging markets. Further, it has already begun efforts to improve productivity and efficiency which we consider a driver for future growth.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!!! ADC is on a roll! I can't believe ADC bought Chilean and Russian generic pharmaceutical companies!!!! How will we fold those in, I wonder? Does this mean we might start having NSM's in exotic locations? I am a little concerned about going to Russia, with them invading Ukraine, and possibly starting WWIII. Oh well, I trust in Duncan on things like that.

GO ADC!! ADC PROUD!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: abbott diabetics ponzi scheme continues

Yo dude we live in Toronto. Not sure what the Rocky MT rocks have to do with this.
    This diabetes stuff is getting old. Lets talk about the stock price again. Why is the stock only 42.24? They are only starting to build facilities in lower-cost locations such as China and India.
    But doing business in Russia is a joke.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you are living the dream. Employed with leader in the meter market and cutting edge new product development heading your way soon. I'm jealous of you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it's so exciting to be part of something this special. Leading market share, outpacing category growth, outstanding leading edge R&D, next generation products, visionary leadership at all levels. The ultimate in job security, not that we need it with the recession over, economy soaring, unemployment down, affordable healthcare for all, and the world finally stable thanks to the "reset" by the current administration. I pinch myself everyday!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your talking about Pfizer right?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ADC is like a diamond. IT IS OUR JOB TO MAKE IT SHINE!!!!!!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need based selling with customers to uncover opportunities for our cutting edge products. In the zone baby!!! Own it, live it , be it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen, my bro's and sis's!! Rock On!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true! ADC has too many whinny nambie-pambie babies in the sale force who do not understand what you mean by needs-based selling, probing, etc.

All my docs welcome me and look forward to my visits. I never have to hang around waiting rooms. My docs consult with me on their patients, and often ask me to meet with patients to discus meters. I often spend an hour or more per office meeting with patients.

If you understand needs-based selling, you quickly probe for what will motivate the patient, and then come up with the right benefit to fit the need and close the sale. It is rare that I cannot convince a patient on Freestyle, even if it's not preferred or even covered on their plan.

I'm so sick of the "its a commodity" excuse. Cost is not a factor, and my doctors all aggressively push Freestyle, even thought it almost always costs their patients more.

The secret is simple: tell your docs that Freestyle is not tier one, or preferred, on plans because it costs more. Tell them Freestyle costs more because it is the only meter using patented coulometric technology, which uses less blood and is more accurate, and that's why it costs more. Then tell them plans and formularies don't care about those things, only cost. This is the hook: docs don't like to be told what to do.

And then tell them that most docs recommend J&J, Roche and Bayer, and that only the smartest and most knowledgable docs push Freestyle. Your doc will make the connection that pushing Freestyle sets them apart from their competition, who are recommending the other meters because Freestyle will be new to their patients. Most reps forget that docs are businesses, and they like to recommend unique products and treatments in order to attract new customers.

To the babies, I say get your butts out their now and start selling like you were trained to sell.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love the Truth!! Keep it coming!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the positive news! Please order the pizza!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only Budweiser for us!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about you drink a glass of dunkys piss

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like this approach. Remember too that the ADC meters/strips are the most accurate. May not count to some, but not a bad selling point.

Sad part is that cost does seem to be the most important point. Some of the very cheap meters and strips are +-20% accurate in unbiased testing. Pretty shitty but it's what the plans pay for..

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trouble is one cup of sir Duncan's piss will hammer you more than several beers.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sell accuracy on every call. No test strip wastage is another key selling point.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please read this excellent Wall Street Analyst's article: Abbott: A Brighter Future

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the link:

http://www.gurufocus.com/news/275924/abbott-a-brighter-future

It is good for Abbott to have a bright future. Problem is to get those good margins Abbott, as well as other companies, need to cut costs (layoffs, offshoring, etc). And this is why people at ADC worry.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how would you know piss breath