Pediatric Sales

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im looking into a pediatric sales job with abbott, and am looking for some feedback. Salary, perks, benefits, tips. This is serious, so please don't be harsh if you absolutely hate your job! Only serious comments please.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will most certainly be blessed with itchy balls.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company has dire financial problems. They are cooking the books. I would stay away.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

same guy answered his own thread what a whack job u r and a troll too !

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most respondents here are unhappily retired or were terminated or soon to be one of the two. Seek credible info elsewhere.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would only recommend working for Abbott if you are a Janitor at Rikers Island prison.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll love working here if you enjoy micromanagement and endless BS reports and busy work. But other than, it's better than the competitor. Great products but pay is awfu!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or maybe if you are tiring of the cult like atmosphere at Walmart and want to join a different cult.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would join the Army instead.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we're you fired from Austin ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah that's a joke you coward troll

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the same thing from several people. Not a positive situation.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked in Ped sales. I left for more money after 6 years. Overall, I did enjoy my job. Similac is a good product and you will probably enjoy your coworkers and your customers. On that same note, docs could really care less bt similac and Enfamil, so talking about the differences is pretty ridiculous. Meetings were usually fun. The other posters are right about micro management. You do feel like you are constantly doing reports that are worthless and are simply done to check a box. As long as you get everything done and on time, you will be fine. The pay is probably the worst in the industry for a larger company. A true "pharma" job will have you making at least $30k more that ped sales with abbott. I discovered this when I started interviewing with different companies and I was a "sr" rep with ABT. Its definitely not a difficult job. After/if you leave, it can be a little difficult to explain how you actually "sold" and impacted your numbers when you are trying to show a future manager how you impacted a survey sent in the mail to new mothers. Seriously, this is how bonus/market share was measured. I found some hiring managers thought it was a total joke. The good news is, if you don't care about the low pay, you can work here for several years. Your manager can completely make or break this job, so take that into consideration at your interview. I had 4 different managers and 4 different experiences. That's my two cents after 6 years, anyway. I am sure others will disagree.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Peds sales is ok...my base salary is $155k plus benefits

lots of paperwork to do at home nightly though

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you so much #13 and #14. I have my interview this week. What are the benefits and how much do they cost? Right now I have my whole family on my benefit plan and I am just trying to compare costs. Also they said a car would be provided. Do they have family vehicles? This is not something I want to ask in an interview. haha

Thanks again

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you don't need much do you?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your agent needs to ask for a fleet of 7 cars that are all electric. One for each day of the week.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outsource the paperwork and get a second job selling cars.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot, you will fit in well here

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a train wreck. I would join the Army or Navy instead.