Abbott IT = IBM

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well today is the day that approx. 400 Abbott IT employees had their last day. I hope that Nancy Berce and all her team get their big fat fucking bonus check for letting go Abbott employees and handing our jobs over to IBM. Prediction, IBM will be the fall for Abbott! They don't give a shit about quality! How fast can they put out a piece of shit system is all they care about.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smart move by Abbott ! Too bad for you troll

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Face it management is very, very stupid. They think this action saves money but it does not. Wait until 20% of the company is idle due to an IT issue and IBM takes three days to fix because they already won the contract and don't give a shit.

Seen this before, never works.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they outsource the infrastructure and active directory?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Three days is great...IT would never get back to you in three days if at all if there was an issue. It's about time they did something.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It took one month for someone to respond to my help desk ticket... one month!

The problem is, the higher ups do not see the everyday dealings with these outsourcing companies, they only see the bottom line which is always "How much did we just save?" If they had to sit on the phone with someone for an hour trying to understand what they are saying because their Indian accent is so thick that by the end of the conversation you're as confused as when you first began, they might just change their minds about what they are doing. Probably not... its all about money!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott Management = Idiots.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's about time.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in Nancy Berce's organization and this is the first I've heard of a layoff.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So do you really believe that outsourcing IT will improve IT support?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then you are part of the larger problem. My guess is you are a 20 + year employee who is clueless to what is going on around you. It is just plain denial to believe that all of IT is not on the chopping block.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outsource it to India

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They did outsource to India - 70% of AN IT, even though they did serve the users well. That was immaterial in this decision.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Monday was my last day.. I heard more is coming good luck to those who survived the last one.!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 25+ years, handicapped, Army Veteran, Over 55, and am a bottom feeder. I'm still employed. Life is good.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Semper Fi
    oo rah oo rah

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My job in IT Outsourced to IndiaIBM. Gupta came to my office for knowledge transfer for 5 weeks. Wanted my home phone number in case of issues. No way I'm fired layedoff outsourced as of yesterday. Told me he is going back to India for 2 weeks and will come back with another visa and work full time for Abbott sitting in Abbott office on site.OMG does this smell rotten. Why not go ahead and outsource Nancy Berce to IBM and save a fewhundred thousand rupees.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vic is taking over?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it ironic that someone steps into a puddle and you make fun of them… and the next thing you know – YOU step in one!?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was outsourced by Aruna Chandrasekharapuram. Friday was my last day.