Car or allowance

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAH offers Car or allowance?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

still offers cars but for how much longer is anyone's guess

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you want to work here? No other gigs available?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

used to be $100

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$50 a paycheck for a company car. Well worth it considering you don't pay for gas or insurance. From what I gather it's cheaper to provide a car, Ford Fusion, than paying for mileage. So it seems to me both sides win.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An excellent perk!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Car allowance is a money making perk if you're smart about what car you drive around, since normally a company will pay you $600-$700/month + free gas. Ideally you'll drive the car around for 4 years... that's $24,000-$28,000. Get a practical used car and you'll be pocketing at least $15,000+ after maintenance, depreciation, and insurance.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oops, $28,800-$33,600 after 4 years. If you can't make $15,000 off of that, you shouldn't be in business.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Except that isn't how we do it at CAH, so you obviously are an employee. Lucky you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meant are NOT an employee

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well are we receiving car allowance? How in the hell would I know how they do it, since I've always had a company car while working here genius?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company I work for gives a car allowance plus 23 cents per mile for mileage. The car allowance is taxed, so even though it seems like a lot, after taxes are taken out it isn't really a lot, and you're expected to cover payment, insurance, oil changes, etc., with it. It's a break-even deal at best.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask your recruiter

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

.23 cents? What a joke. The government will give you .56.