Consultant, Territory Sales

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm starting the interview process with CAH and wanted some honest feedback from folks who truly know details. Base of $65k? At plan $115k? What's the company culture like? Management style? Any truthful information would be helpful. I understand there was a re-org recently and that a lot of employees aren't happy, so I'll take it all with a grain of salt. I'm currently in medical device sales.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TAKE THE JOB, PLEASE, AND SUFFER ALONG WITH THE REST OF US. YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE! AND, TAKE THE GRAIN OF SALT AND STICK IT UP YOUR ASS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let us all know how you feel when you find out you have been lied to... and if you make it through to the next fiscal year, tell us what you think about not getting your quota for 3-4 months after the fiscal started... and tell us how you feel about having quotas and products juggled throughout the year and getting fucked dry up the ass.

Enjoy your stay in hell

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have any other, repeat, any other options....take them. Sure, at plan you might make 115, but how many reps made plan this past year? That would be my first question.
    Company culture....take a look around this website. That should tell you something.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This poster's assessment is actually quite timid. Dry f**ked up the ass with a red hot poker is actually more like it. Lied to? Absolutely, that's the keystone of the Cardinal philosophy. Merry Christmas

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like any big company, there are pros and cons. Pros: well-established in the acute market, fairly diverse book of business, strong pharmacy wholesale business. Cons: often the strategy changes direction before there has really been a chance to see if the previous strategy could work, many of the sales reps are burned out, due to working in an increasingly commoditized business with sub-par tools and technology, and many dissatisfied customers. And the other consideration is that Cardinal is really trying to become a product/manufacturing business, which has created some frustration for the distribution reps.
    The quota piece is true; Cardinal doesn't typically give reps their quotas until
    Well into the fiscal year.
    Distribution is a tough place right now. Be prepared to work very hard, provide very tactical support to customers, deal with lots of customer frustration, and feel like you're not well-supported, for less pay than you deserve.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with all above. Management direction and structure changes annually. Heading in the direction of manufacturer instead of distributor. We are 6 months into the fiscal year without quota's. Every implemented corporate decision has resulted in worse customer care and more work for the reps and time spent dealing with issues rather than selling. If you compute the hours worked to to your pay and lack of quota, you will find you are better off with a Walmart greeter job with way less stress. Worse decision I ever made accepting a job with Cardinal.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I concur! Looking to get our ASAP, absolutely hate it here as the new organizational structure is awful. We just got quotas in Medical last week but the corporate culture has turned toxic. that's why I need to get out, quota or no quota. Better off at O&M or Medline, and yes, maybe even at Walmart, too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting responses considering the role the OP asked about is AmCare, and we all know that role is merging into Schein. So it seems like there's a lot of venom from people who don't know what's happening in the market. Any Consultant, Territory Sales roles would be tied to the big IDNs that have asked to stay with CAH for now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know the OP was talking about an AC job? Isn't the title the
    Same in acute for the distribution rep role?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, this is for the Consultant, Territory Sales. I'm not looking for information about the pharmacy side of things. I'm not a pharma rep, I'm better than that. I want to know if this position is worth the little pay. Most "opportunities" that pay $115-130k at plan you can work 20-30 hours a week and get by with minimal effort. Is this the case at CAH? I was just offered a position that pays, at plan, $175k. However, it's a ball buster position, "where were you every hour Mon-Fri". Any honest feedback would be appreciated.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right - They did not specify Amb care, so no idea where that came from. You have to look at the rest of the description. If it says product rep, that is the 'new' product team that is the hell hole we are now in. Dist reps are Cams or core account managers, but don't know how it is posted. If it's a product rep, know that you will NOT hit your quota. Most of us just got our quotas, but some regions haven't. The quotas are stupidly out of whack with reality, so plan on finishing at 90%. Ask what they will pay you at that- you won't like it. Unless you are desperate for a job, keep looking. This place is a disaster, and the reorg made it worse. Leadership is awful, strategy is out of touch, workloads are off the charts, and you cannot trust leadership. Reps have left in droves which gives you a clue how bad it is. People are not respected here. Leadership ' s mantra is we moved to the Medline model. They don't understand how INSULTING that is. Holding up Medline as the ideal shows how far we have fallen. They bring in a CEO for medical who can't even come up with his own idea, but models us after the dregs of healthcare.

This used to be a place I recommended to all my friends, but not anymore. This is a horrible place to work. Run.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope they hire your slacker ass, they deserve to have shit like you working for them.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I CAN NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOUR ASSESSMERNT--AN ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ASSESSMENT OF CURRENT STATE AT CARDINAL. THE NEW CEO FOR MEDICAL IS MORE OBSESSESED WITH NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL THAN LEADING US TO EXCELLENCE. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HELL IS LIKE, TAKE THE JOB. AND YES, THE DUNCE ON TOP BELIEVES IN THE MEDLINE MODEL. MEDLINE IS NOT WHOM WE WANT TO EMULATE; LACK OF ANY ORIGINAL IDEAS FROM ABOVE IS KILLING MORALE AND SPIKING TURNOVER. I AM EVERY DAY LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET OUT. GOD HELP ME.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. A couple things:
    1. If you're "better than that", why are you unemployed?
    2. If you're looking for a place where you can essentially take advantage of a company, how do you figure that youre "better than" anyone?
    As far as I can tell, you're lazy...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said...hospital workers, distribution operators and factory operators work 40 hours a week ...they are the people who are to be respected.

Hope CAH does not hire anyone trying to get away with little work for the pay.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, really? We already have too many VPs AND their boss in Medical who "get away with little work for the pay"__I bet I know who posted this fart-talk.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong....the people supporting you shipping your supplies are tired of this site and the stupid inane posts.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then stop reading it. And since you can read, you should have read this is not for the people supporting us shipping our supplies. Thanks for what you do, but this is posting board for SALES.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hell, the people supporting the sales teams were a big reason that we lost as much business as we did when I was with Cardinal. Apparently picking, packing, and shipping is tougher than it sounds, since we couldn't get the right product to our customers on a routine basis. When the issues were raised to ops about the operational issues, it fell on deaf ears.
    Keep up the good work.