Bed and Stretcher Sales-Stryker

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have completed 2 face to face interviews for a sales rep position. i Take the Gallup next week.

Can anyone give me some insight on these sales positions: bed, stretcher, and EMS? Potential earnings in the first few years? What is a typical day like?

TIA

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiter will tell you a bunch of inflated numbers. First year you better make your number. Rears for 3 mo and you're gone. It will depend on your territory. If it has done well, you have to do better or ypu won't make a dime. 4 years in here. First two I made 250k +. Last year less than 70k.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you selling stretchers or beds? Who are you mostly calling on? What is the commission structure? How did you go from 250 to 70?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's pretty simple.. hospital buys beds in 2013 rep does well makes money.. 2014 quota goes up baseline is higher but hospital does not need beds because they bought them the year before no sales / rep does not make money ..

This is a 2 year gig if youre lucky

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no idea what you are talking about.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This makes no sense.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does this not make sense? Hospitals do not purchase brand new beds every single year .. If you gave a good year it's that much tougher the next

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have a territory not just one hospital. Different hospitals have different needs/budgets. You also have additional products.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All capital equipment gigs reach a point where the salesperson is screwed. Of course there are always a few exceptions that consistently do well, but that is the top 1%. The majority will work themselves out of a position in 2-4 years.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the commission structure?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you will be selling against your own products from refurbish companies. Why buy new when you can just paint the thing!