How to explain to people what it is we do.

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a loser, try selling structural heart

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually thats what I sell.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post just made me laugh. Brilliant. Just the right amount of sarcasm...

Wonder if in 20 years the posters on cafepharma will be referring to this period in time as the golden period for med device sales as they make their $60K/yr...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It definitely takes a certain about of brainwashing to sell vastly overpriced devices and service contracts.

60k/year is where its heading, with the best jobs being with the state!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bro I say "I'm a medical device rep for spine surgery". then let them do the talking. They will usually ask what exactly do I do, so I tell them. "I'm just there to make sure all the use with the hardware goes smoothly and get the surgeon everything he needs to operate". Then I make it clear I don't touch anything I just stand there with a laser points and piss off the scrub techs =P

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a part time stripper and I do hair.. Gets them way more interested than a box opener..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are talking about the ladies... My barber is a guy also but he and every other male hair dresser are at the front of the pride parade. Unless you are one of those thug barbers who only use clippers. Regardless looks like you work 3 jobs? I work maybe 20 hours a week, make insane amounts of money for what we call sales, have more toys then I know what to do with, hell, you might use a 2nd bedroom for your sleepovers, I use a different house. I'll give you 200 every other week just to keep my dogs lion cut top notch. Point is we make so much money it doesn't matter. Work less my friend.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lie much? I'm guessing you have a 12 inch pipe too

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like my twin. Stay out of big cities and you can do what you want. Don't be jealous. We don't like living in concrete jungles.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't sell anything. You hope the doctor chooses to use it while you stand there in scrubs thinking you're doing surgery

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would want to be in those long as heart cases anyways? Fuck that.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's a senior sales rep for Neuromodulation, my younger kids are too young to understand what he does, when we try to explain it to them they then think he's a doctor... So we nip that thought in the butt quick!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you don't have any children, or rare just a crappy parent if you think that's how you talk to children. Completely ignorant on your perception of your job, you must have one of those shit devices that doesn't make a difference to any patient, defining your life in you're career is about selling something that at the end of the day increases a patient in your community quality of life. Yes, all jobs pay.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off your a douce just for making that comment, one of our children is a teenager, and understand what he does for a living.

How pathetic are you that because my kids don't understand what his dad- an implant senior sales rep does, my kids will tell people their mother is a douce bag.

Another prime example of the quality sales reps in this industry, pat yourself on the back for being such a cunt

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call total bullshit on you, they don't " lump" you into pharma reps, if all you do is lunches and dinners you're either actually a pharma rep, or a gopher associate at the beck and call of the real sales rep you're under, or you suck so much at you're job that surgeons reuse to let you do anything else, or vomit on the sight of blood and they won't put you in the O.R-

Name 2 jobs/companies in the medical device industry that all their reps do is lunches and dinners and make 550K+ a year? I call BS on that pay too. But if it boosts your low self confidence to say you do, you got bidder issues

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont hate the player, hate the game.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearing 550K? So you made a million?? Or did you not know what clearing meant but heard some other loser use the phrase?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is their such negativity toward someone with success? Is it immaturity or pure jealousy. I am happy to hear someone making this kind of money meaning its still obtainable.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. If you read his comment you will understand he is full of shit. It makes no sense as he doesn't even understand the terminology he uses. You think he has a 10 million dollar territory and runs it by himself? You must be really new.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I am not full of shit and I am fully aware of the terminology I am using. When I stated I will clear 550k I was simply referring to after some of the expenses I occur. I'm not sure why you are taking this personal. Furthermore I never gave any indication I was selling orthopedics for Stryker and if you looked into detail you would have noticed I gave my market segment many posts ago, structural heart.

Cheers