Is Mako the real deal?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey guys, not trolling. Recon rep here with stryker with no mako in my territory. For those of you who have it, hows it going? do you think this is the future? is it as good as they are saying it is? would like to limit the negativity for negativity sake here, but am looking for the good bad and ugly before I really start trying to get good busy customers on board. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a marketing tool, nothing more.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

obviously the above person who posted doesn't know jack sh!t. do your homework buddy, I don't work for Mako or Stryker, but its a lot more than a marketing tool. Go sell your screws and talk about something you might actually have a clue on....maybe like what combo meal you're gonna get at McD's for lunch???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shark week isn't till August, nothing to worry about here. Consulting physicians love it though.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consultant Physicians like just about anything that they are paid to like. Didn't a lot of surgeons like Otismed too? How did that work out?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must not have gotten that sarcasm..... Give me some commision back and I might like it also.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haven't all the other companies followed suit and partnered up with robotics?
    From what I understand, Mako has the intellectual property in robotics all locked up.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes all the other companies have aligned with robots. The ip patent thing is only powerful if we sue and win against the other companies. Is anyone out there doing them in your territory? Any good conversion stories utilizing this tecnology?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We bailed on Mako allready. If your surgeon lacks any sort of confidence and or fresh out of school this might work, other then that just something pretty for a billboard to say they use latest greatest tech. We bailed on Otismed right away also, looks like it's going same way.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe that having a robot + marketing will increase patient volume to doctor's offices. The technology may not be suitable for every case. However, this increase in patient volume will lead to more procedures done by both the robot AND traditional technique. This increased revenue will justify cost. See what the DaVinci did for urology practices.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with all of that, but up to this point it all seems to be great in theory wanting to know what the truth is. I would like to believe that with the ip and implants moving to stryker for tka and tha this could be that once in a lifetime/career opportunity we have been waiting for.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would a hospital spend that much when they could get an open robot system with blue belt for a 3rd of the cost? If someone really wants to do unis and total knees with a robot it would seem to be a better system. You can also use more than just Stryker implants.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blue belt is only unis and hip scopes at the moment. Of the ip story is real then it's hard to believe they will move past that. Because of cost they are a good surgery center play but mako is farther along. Like it or not it's the one true differentiator we've got other than maybe mdm.
    It takes a lot of work to get surgeons behind it and make it successful. It's definitely not plug and play but If you set expectations and put in the time you can show value to the surgeons and ceo's.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blue belt is only unis. Without a robotic arm, the ability to do Tka and tha is almost impossible. If you just want it for unis, blue belt makes sense.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe a handful of teaching hospitals will give a PO for this. Definitely going to use it as leverage for those single and dual vendor contract facilities. Just like how Medtronic leaves O arms around to get some business, except the facility can market robotics ect ect ect.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blue belt is only a couple months behind Mako on the TKA side. So with that said, is there really a need for a robotic hip replacement. It makes you neck cut, reams, and places the cup. If someone is that worried about it why not just use navigation on the hip?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Would you mind providing a link on clinicaltrials.gov?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are they planning on using a burr for a tka? If stryker can put a saw blade on the arm, that's going to be hard to match.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw my first Mako Uni yesterday: you guessed it was being revised. The surgeon was extracting it off the patient and throwing it in the garbage can, only to put in the best knee on the market: Persona! #deucesNigga