Kane Kane Kane

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke Kane turned out to be. His Philosophy degree sure didn't do him any justice in running PPS into the ground. He kept preaching that the PPS business model was built to with stand the Medicare reimbursement cuts and that competitive bidding would be an advantage for PPS in the long term. Teijin bought this and now everyone is paying the price.
    Peter Kelly save us this ship has sunk!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must respond to this one. Chris is a smart guy. His lone leadership flaw (common to many new leaders) was his hesitancy to make the difficult decision. However, misinformation at the senior levels of PPS exists and is perpetuated by some of the more tenured leaders in the company. Specifically, sales leadership. Subjective, emotionally driven stories of why business models didn't work, couldn't work or how they hurt referrals created the fog of war that prevented Chris from making the right decision easily. Yes, Chris was the CEO and for that must take the blame. No, Chris is not the sole reason PPS will sink. THAT distinction belongs to the sales leaders and a few of their allies.

The sales leaders deployed a very dangerous sabotage tactic over the last few years by purposely not allowing certain models or processes to work. (THIS cannot be disputed with me b/c I've heard PCCs, heard patient stories and spoken with DSM & SRD level employees that have admitted they would not allow certain processes to survive. One of your highly esteemed Pres Club members even said 'I will fight this (process) until the bitter end') In the past, this tactic could be used because reimbursement rates were so high that the company could weather the short term downturn in business. However, combined with the MCR reductions and stricter requirements, that tactic has damaged the company beyond repair this time. They essentially gambled with the health of the company and lost. Don't be naïve enough to think this couldn't and hasn't happened.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I agree Kane might have had some employee issues he sure never knew about any of them. Any good CEO should have known what was going on. In addition he had from 2003 ( prescription drug bill ) signed into law to adapt a future model for the business. There was wasted money all over the place but I'll start with human resources. How many businesses have their own recruiters on staff, a huge human resource department, but still pay outside agencies? At any time did he question the results of Challey? Would you all agree that Challey brought you the best employees and turnover rate? I didn't think so. Why pay for a Lexington facility and employees when someone at a local office could handle the phones? That was as bad as Apria having billing done in India which lasted a little more than a year. The bottom line is that greed by the CEO, his minions, and sales doomed the company. I would not be surprised if more nefarious issues aren't revealed in the future. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And Kane was responsible for the promotions of the people mentioned. He could have stopped, but he preferred to turn his head and make the money!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the best thought out and 100% true statement on this entire board. Bravo for sticking to the facts!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I think people give the CEO too much credit for both the failure and success of any one thing. You cannot honestly believe that choices are so black and white, either.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who ever thinks Chris Kane is a smart individual is a complete idiot....this individual as a CEO of the 3rd largest o2 company reimbursed by Medicare......with VA contracts .......partnerships with Olean General ..... And 2 other companies in the state of new York....AHS...HTE....ran them into the ground.....and know PPS ..... this all could have been avoided if it wasn't for sheer GREED....from Mr Kane and like the person before said his minions....it became obviuos....I was a collector in TEMPE for years collecting on those fraudulent claims.....and now Medicare has placed them and all affiliated companies on 100% pre-payment audit.....and will suspend the NPI.....State of California also suspended the NPI....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, you can't suspend an NPI. It's not a billing number. It's used to GET a billing number, but it in and of itself is not for billing. You can be cash pay, private office and you still need an NPI. Thank god you were the one handling our revenue.

Second, AHS/HTE/OGHS/LM have nothing to do with the FBI stuff, and we failed on our own. There's a reason that there are barely any managers here from 'the old days'. If you were here when the VA came to visit you would know what I'm talking about. White and Storey took their money and ran - Kane had very little impact overall, for good or bad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well very GLAD you are so damn uninformed. You CAN suspend an NPI as PPS had three suspended Einstein (two center NPI and the Pharmacy). Please know your facts before spouting off like you know what the hell your talking about. You are right on one front, it's not a billing #, but if you don't have one or it's suspended MCR and the laws of HIPPA don't allow you to bill. As for AHS failing on your own, 75% accurate. Teijin wanted PPS to integrate AHS into their culture. PPS was SOOOOOO bad at this and there were so many other factors such as Accreditation, business products, and basic lack of knowledge that I would put 25% of that blame squarely on the PPS corporate office.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PPS sent it's dumbest of the dumb to help in the integration. That is one reason it failed. No one knew what they were doing and still don't.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay....Einstein....like the person said before ...... Without an NPI you can not bill claims at all....So we wonder why PPS is in the position it is in...with the knowledgable individuals response about the NPI.....can you spell NPI......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right, and without a Social Security Number you can't qualify for welfare, apply for a loan, open a bank account, etc. Doesn't mean your SSN is your "welfare number".

NPI was instituted to work with HIPAA when HIPAA was first created. Educate yourself.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously what is with all the damn periods?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it was posted by William Shatner! We now know one of the anonymous posters. I'll not stop until I find out who all of them are...............................................................................................including myself!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, since William came out, so will I. I am Spock

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Doty was the GM.