The Party Is Soooo Over

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2006 at 6:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK: Inflated sales forces.....shrinking budgets.....crap bounses....major drug shortage.......loosing 100's of millions of dollars.....marred company and drug reputatiuon......nothing to sell.....Avandaryl launch is a joke at this time........no nice Christmas parties or gifts anymore....abundance of morons that micromanage everything.....lack of leadership.....disliked by the FDA......If you cant see the a sales force reduction/reorg you are blinder than Stevie Wonder sitting in a dark cave......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blah blah blah...Such a boring post. You sound like another fired bitter sales rep

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Blah blah blah...Such a boring post. You sound like another fired bitter sales rep

[/ QUOTE ] I know this blah blah blah guy- he is a DM in Colorado, having trouble sleeping at night,really got the shakes worse than ever-- anyone else recognize him ? The OP hit it on the head - but he missed most of the "problems" didn't he ????

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't forget our corrupt HR that is screwing good, honest people every day, they have no shame. the end justifies the means. & the crooked managers who are allowed to do whatever they want to us, in fact HR uses crooked managers to screw us. let's sell the SK side, it's full of nothing but corrupt bastards. we'll be much better off.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    GSK: Inflated sales forces.....shrinking budgets.....crap bounses....major drug shortage.......loosing 100's of millions of dollars.....marred company and drug reputatiuon......nothing to sell.....Avandaryl launch is a joke at this time........no nice Christmas parties or gifts anymore....abundance of morons that micromanage everything.....lack of leadership.....disliked by the FDA......If you cant see the a sales force reduction/reorg you are blinder than Stevie Wonder sitting in a dark cave......

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget, horrible leadership and decisions. Lack of vision. Never pro active just reactive! Worst of all, lack of credibility and morality. This "leadership" doesn't know what it's doing. They never tell us the truth just lie deceive and mislead!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The very best and brightest in terms of top leadership saw where big Pharma was heading (esp. in terms of regulation and liability) and moved on to greener pastures long, long ago.

Those of, shall we say, 'lesser vision' then all rose to the levels of their incompetence, promoting their equally incompetent cronies on the way.

Since they lacked any significant experience, they started hiring marketing execs from consumer goods backgrounds.

Share of voice, quantity not quality, metrics, etc. seem to be the result, and they just go along with it.

Absolutely, ALWAYS reactive. Always a fire to put out. They never got good at preventing fires, and now they've got some big ones on their hands. The future's not looking too stellar for them, either.

Oh well, you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind. [​IMG]

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    The very best and brightest in terms of top leadership saw where big Pharma was heading (esp. in terms of regulation and liability) and moved on to greener pastures long, long ago.

Those of, shall we say, 'lesser vision' then all rose to the levels of their incompetence, promoting their equally incompetent cronies on the way.

Since they lacked any significant experience, they started hiring marketing execs from consumer goods backgrounds.

Share of voice, quantity not quality, metrics, etc. seem to be the result, and they just go along with it.

Absolutely, ALWAYS reactive. Always a fire to put out. They never got good at preventing fires, and now they've got some big ones on their hands. The future's not looking too stellar for them, either.

Oh well, you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Party? GSK is no party, it's more like an internal battlefield..we haven't lived a party environment in years!!!
    And you are right, share of voice, quantity not quality, metrics, etc. seem to be the result. If this is what they want, that is great because it is really easy to run around like a robot. It is more time consuming and takes more thought and effort to have quality calls and relationships, this is not what they want. My life is easier now that they treat us like robots...go GSK, they are so fucking stupid.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I know this blah blah blah guy- he is a DM in Colorado, having trouble sleeping at night,really got the shakes worse than ever-- anyone else recognize him ? The OP hit it on the head - but he missed most of the "problems" didn't he ????

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even in CO time zone!!! This is a strong company thats had some tough times. I am just so tired of the same GSK is evil posts.

This is a great company that vs. other big pharma has held on much better then others. I can't think of anywhere else in big pharma that I would want tom be.

If this company is so terrible then tell me where all you big mouths went and why its so much better!!!!

This board is a shame.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even in CO time zone!!! This is a strong company thats had some tough times. I am just so tired of the same GSK is evil posts.

This is a great company that vs. other big pharma has held on much better then others. I can't think of anywhere else in big pharma that I would want tom be.

If this company is so terrible then tell me where all you big mouths went and why its so much better!!!!

This board is a shame.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, after it was suggested to me by HR that I resign because they weren't going to do anything about my psycho manager (despite plenty of documentation), I started my own business.

And it's so much better because I am free to make intelligent business decisions. More importantly, I don't work for that incredibly pathetic, egotistical moron anymore.

Glad you're so happy with GSK. Let's see how long you last - Let me know how it is when you hit 40.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand what you did with a dick of a boss. I happen to be one of the lucky ones that has a cool rational one. This is a good place to work if you have a good boss. Unfortunately they are few and far between.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    I understand what you did with a dick of a boss. I happen to be one of the lucky ones that has a cool rational one. This is a good place to work if you have a good boss. Unfortunately they are few and far between.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely right! a Good boss can make all the difference in how well an individual can tolerate all the other challenges in this position. My boss was nothing more than a small minded critic, desperate to feel smart, even though she is quite dull. So along with the challenges of the job (decreased access, etc. it's all been said before) I had an extra layer of crap to wade through. In a sense though, she was very motivational though.....

Motivated me to get the hell away from her!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i was with the company almost 20 years, on the SK side. i have seen every type of manager, every style. it went from super salesman teacher but didn't care about us, to fabulous fun motivator but didn't care about us, to lousy salesman & didn't care about us, to lousy crooks who went out of their way to screw us. SK went from better to worse to the nightmare it is today.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SKB has always been a shitty company. I remember 20 years ago everyone avoided SKB, the reps were miserable. On the other hand; Glaxo, Burroughs Wellcome and Glaxo Wellcome were class acts. Now there is GSK, a terrible company and an embarassment to America.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    SKB has always been a shitty company. I remember 20 years ago everyone avoided SKB, the reps were miserable. On the other hand; Glaxo, Burroughs Wellcome and Glaxo Wellcome were class acts. Now there is GSK, a terrible company and an embarassment to America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for rekindling memories. Brings a smile to my face just thinking back 20 years ago. You are so right about SKB - the reps were a laughing stock of the industry. And Glaxo/BurroughsWellcome were highly respected.

I feel sorry for those who didn't experience "the good ol' days". They were fun, they were hard work, they were rewarding. A world away from the mind numbing thankless crap reps know of this business today.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No shit - that is why beginning in 1983-anybody remember that ? WE launched Zantac and kicked the ass of SKB Tagamet. LOOOOOSERS. Who allowed this reverse takeover to happen, anyway...especially with this damn French asshole running the show... Incredible stupidity-Love watching this buttfuck of a company implode.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lets get the record straight. skf wasn't that bad, it was far better than it is today & we had some fun. it was a much more dignified position with much higher quality DM's who really knew their stuff & treated us like human beings. a world away from the garbage you have today. the merger with beecham was the destruction of skf. beecham was nothing but a bunch of crooks who dominated many regions. if you were an skf rep in a beecham rvp dominated region, you were screwed & had to get out. they were barbarians & it became a nightmare. the problem is many of these beecham crooks are around today creating havoc & HR has become corrupt. south florida, miami-ft.lauderdale is good example of this.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that skf wasn't a bad place to work, however when the corporations merge, you have problems. There are still some great SKF managers out there who watch your back. You just need to do the job as best you can. By the way, there is NO PERFECT JOB!!! unless you work for yourself... [​IMG]

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right, there is no perfect job, but it can't get any worse then working for GSK.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometimes perspective is good, but reality is better. I remember when we kicked SK's ass in the Zantac vs Tagamet battle. That was VERY satisfying. Then because SK got their butts kicked and lost a ton of money, they laid off 60% of their white-collared workforce. Glaxo (at the time) said, "we will never get as 'top heavy' as SK. We will be a lean machine, and accomplish even more" (or something to that effect). What happened is that in RTP, they stopped hiring, or made such cuts that everybody had to work 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount of work previously. It was an exciting time, simce we kicked the crap out of a competitor, but then our families suffered as a result. SK was a shitty company to merge with, but even in the great days of Glaxo, they still demanded your firstborn child as payment for your job. It wasn't just Glaxo, but all of corporate American corporations. Understand this... YOU MEAN NOTHING TO THEM, EXCEPT THAT YOU HELP TO ADVANCE THEIR FINANCIAL AGENDA! When you stop or slow in that area... you are gone. 20 - 25 - 30 years? Who gives a shit. What have you done for me TODAY!!?? If you are reading this, and you are NOT watching out for your own welfare, then you will be in the trash can before you know it. Be a survivor! Learn the game, and play it like they do. You will make decent money, you bring in much more money for GSK... and let the customer be damned.
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The SKB side of the business is destroying GSK! You can't take a lump of coal (SKB) and combine it with a diamond (GW) and come out with a diamond . . . . . . Will never happen with the SKB mentality running things!