1S Bonus Payout

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go away stupid!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has happened enough times that it is not stupid at all.

Go ask your CTL if he/she can actually withhold your bonus if he/she deems your performance as sub-par.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen people, Kenny and the suits always get paid $$$ first. As other posters have stated, the timing and the amount paid are all fuzzy math. Who the F knows what data and endpoints they are using for calculations. Jesus Merck just go the GSK one payout way. Payments and timing are crystal clear and there isn't pressure to go off label. Also makes it easier to calculate as it is common for folks to have various positions in one year with all the restructuring and cuts. It is so complex the US Fed Chairman (woman) couldn't calculate our bonus. Instead a so called clown analyst figures out our payout in a broom closet. And the Fing bonus updates they send us? Never makes any sense and resembles a doctored Enron financial sheet from the past.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're the idiot. We received a communication that bonus payouts would be delayed until mid-October. Problems with calculating differentiation due to net sales transition. Hope you haven't spent it already.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, and what are the key components of any incentive plan (at least if it is supposed to provide motivation)?

Should be:

1: Fair/Equitable
    2: Simple/Easy to Understand
    3: Timely

Apparently the Merck system does none of these. So I ask you, does it motivate you?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since you directed your question to me, I'll respond. Based on your criteria, our plan fails on at least two counts. This isn't the first time payment has been delayed due to the incompetence of whoever designs and administers the SIP. That particular department appears to be exempt from our so-called culture of accountability. So overdue bonus payments are not unexpected and I take them in stride, knowing the money will come eventually. It helps if you aren't living paycheck to paycheck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no incompetency in how to get your SIP out on time.

Mother keeps changing the variables and the formula. We are always fine tuning it.

If your CTL wants to fire you then the sales data is deemed accurate. It is a true reflection of your performance.

But if it is about the SIP then the sales data is not right and we are re-calibrating to be sure you are rewarded properly.

We know no matter how we stick it to you, most of you will accept the amount and quickly cash it because you have already spent it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't like how I run this outfit get out.I am tired of your constant complaining when you don't even contribute to Merck's success.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is actually a great standard Merck response. If you don't like how I adjust and delay your bonus, then leave the company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was your email? Wondering if this was prior to it being pushed back.