How long can we keep the car?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2014 at 3:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has EZ Pass connected, will they stop the EZ Pass and the gas card after today?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My understanding is that we park the car after today. They quit taking personal use money from our checks, quit paying for gas and tolls. Insurance is still on the car (though we may lose coverage). The company is supposed to begin calling next week to arrange pickup of all company assets, including the car. That said, I've heard it could take weeks to pick up everything.

Not sure if there's any penalty for continued use of the car, as long as you're insured and you pay any expenses.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I got laid off I took a big dump in the car and left it in the bright sun. Took a pic of the poo and put it on my desktop as background. F Merck

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can drive the car as long as it is in your possession period.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave DNA evidence.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok CSI. Do you really think the guy left it in there? Once the stench set in there's no need to leave the DNA evidence.

I'm sure Stokes will roll up for each pick up to swab for samples in case they need to find the mad shitter. Oh, then they'd have to compel a sample from the rep to compare it against. I'm sure judges would line up to bend the 4th amendment for the sake of catching the upholstery criminal.

WTF is wrong with people? I wish I knew who you were so we could all shit in your car.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As hated as Merck is these days, I can believe just about anything but this is pretty extreme. I do recall a Merck rep back in the BM or rather GM "X-body" days who would literally hose out his car. He was used to doing this with his Jeep Wrangler and thought that's how all cars could be cleaned on the inside, especially little pos one's like his Buick Skylark. The hot humid Midwestern summer made it worse and so bad that his DM in those days would refuse to ride with him which was probably his intention all along. He would leave for medical school the following year. Pity his replacement that inherited that toxic car.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They didn't pick up the car yesterday so I put it for sale on ebay today. I got a couple of calls already. More calls are coming since I priced the Fusion at 5 grand. Maybe it will sell by Monday. I got my fingers crossed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left my POS Fusion with the car door open and the keys in the ignition in the middle of the worst part of Newark on Friday. I went back today and it's still there, go Figure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How pathetic people are at Smerck worrying about how long they can drive a pos Fusion or Boo. Anyone in pharma sales should always have a personal car. Cut cut cut.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some cant afford it and they want big bucks for these used vehicles.

Might be cheaper to lease or rent by the day.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cleaned all my stuff out and banished the car to the street for parking. If they are not paying me for storage, it is taking up space in my driveway. I kicked it out of the garage on June 26th.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good thing you didn't take a dump in it. Would be a tough sell.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, if you took a dump in it, nobody is going to take it away.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

many, many folks have left a portion of a tuna or egg salad sandwich, that somehow "fell" under the seat, and then left the car in the sun with the windows rolled up.

You don't have to take a dump......

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any calls yet for the car? Does the same person pick up the car, also pick up the laptop and Ipad?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you get to drive it about 4-5 days. Mine stayed parked on the street for 3-4 weeks.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You realize that a Merck employee does not pick up your car, just some guy paid to do it? Why ruin his day? You are not hurting Merck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone had a call to pick up the car or do any kind of close out? Mine is still sitting here and I really do want it gone.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then call up Merck a demand that they come remove their property.