7 interviews later, no call back

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's nice to know that after wasting my time with 7 interviews, I don't even get the decency of a call back to say "We went with the other candidate". Or an email. Or anything.

People were right.. I should have listened to my instinct.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the over-rated world of corporate sales...
    its B.S. and pharma. is easily the worst industry, with financial and insurance a close second.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, age discrimination is alive and well here!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

which is why you have to take your career into your own hands. I quit Pfizer in my mid 20s because I knew it was a joke, and got back into selling real estate, and now I am retired and not even 45.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here, young and not ill suited, but they should have the etiquette to tell the runner up thanks for interviewing for 8 weeks but we selected the other candidate. Email or phone call, for 6 figure jobs, it reflects very poorly on them and their dysfunctional HR.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. You don't want to be here. There are better companies out there who treat employees with respect and this company does everything but that. They are going to have us interview for our own jobs to sell LCZ. That should tell you something about novartis. We've busted our asses putting up with their yearly layoffs, screwed up and manipulated goals and incentive plans, unethical HR and leadership (think largest discrimination lawsuit ever) among other things. It's par for the course that they would treat potential employees and candidates with no respect also.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO
    In the financial and insurance industries you have a very good chance of making real money.
    Not this piddly little "6 figures" pharma reps are so proud of.

The difference is you have to be able to run your own business which is obviously way outside the pharma reps wheelhouse.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still, the financial services industry is a scam. Most intelligent people don't need one today, as you can make your own trades, and easily figure out what strategy you want to take by keeping your portfolio in alignment with your own risk levels and with a google search.

Now, over 20 years ago, I would say that was decent position to have, and very well respected. Its sort of like pharma. today vs. 20 years ago. We have gone from well respected to the dung of the earth.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with all of the above.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR is TERRIBLE at Novartis. Always has been.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silly, you are telling a "tall tale and a windy". Like, the guy still enduring the ride along claiming 200k in his / her "second" business.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I commend you for sticking it out over 7 interviews. Consider this the turning point in your career. When you put fear aside, you will recognize how insane the process is and redirect your life to avoid doing the same and expecting a different result.

My bet, in three years you will totally out of pharma and doing great.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are exceptions and I was one of them. At 25, I knew within 6 months that working in the pharmaceutical industry was a terrible endeavor. Still, it took me another year to finally quit, and take a 50% pay cut to sell houses. It paid off for me because I work hard everyday and have my priorities in life settled/dialed in.

I don't drink like most of you.
    I don't fool around like most of you.
    the best part is I don't have to kss some lazy manager's rear to keep my job like most of you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't you learn after the first one that this craphole wasn't "the place to be"
    Masochist or ignorant to play the dog & pony show 6 additional times

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of the country were you interviewing in. I went thru same in the west and I bet it is same manager

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALL pharmaceutical companies have gotten this way. Whether it's layoffs or interviews, they jerk us around with no regard. This used to be a great job. Take away the $ and benefits, and NO ONE would do it!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

REALLY? Take away the pay & benefits & no one would do it for free?
    What an Einstein! Late for your mensa meeting I suspect.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am happy for you, but down deep inside for some reason I just don't believe you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you share the salary range that was discussed?
    I was contacted about a Specialty position and I am trying to decide if it is worth the time to pursue it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

110-140 base, and yes, I'm heading out of the industry. Since they screwed up the MS division, I had little faith in them not screwing up a Derm specialty launch, especially against Amgen, Celgene, and Lilly. However, I wanted to see the interview process the entire way through, weigh all of the pros and cons, and evaluate the entire picture as a whole.

Still. 7 interviews. Had to fly twice.