Dont take the Device Job!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2006 at 10:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since the last post was getting so long and diluted I thought I would cover the high lites here. You can also find these on the Anesthesia specialty site.

Yes stay with ACCSS because it pays better than ACCDS.
    1. You don’t actually have to sell anything just detail
    2. You get paid on dex, sed line, and advance catheters
    3. You really only have responsibility for dex
    4. You have a higher base pay than ACCDS
    5. Your comp plan is better than ACCDS

1. ACCDS don’t get paid for dex
    2. ACCDS actually have to sell not just detail
    3. ACCDS have responsibility to sell, run evals, and contract
    4. ACCDS are expected to sell dex but not be compensated for it
    5. ACCDS have a lower base pay
    6. ACCDS have a terrible comp plan
    7. ACCDS are viewed and used as clinical support not sales
    8. ACCDS device and capital sales are supposed to be tops in our industry but not at hospira

Stick with ACCSS! Two ACCDS have quit, with many more looking to and it has not even been a year.

As far as the ACCD sales team they have started off on the wrong foot.
    They have repeatedly promised one pay range and delivered a lower one.
    They have promised 3 weeks of vacation starting on the hire date and not delivered.
    They also stated a commission plan during interviews that has not been followed and still stinks.
    They pay pharma reps for sedline but not device reps for dex.
    They stated a comp plan based on dex knowing it was to be taken away.

Several new hires have stated that all of Hospira's talk about integrity is just talk and they could have stayed at their last companies and gotten screwed like this without going through training again.

Many of them feel let down and some feel lied to. A few think of Hospira as just another temp job, hoping something better will come along.

I do not know if this is the corporate mentality at Hospira or just poor management. However I for one no longer take anything the company says at face value.

So a word to the wise interviewee ... get it in writing!

They can spin it however they want, but what they should have done is manage expectations up front and practiced what they preach ... Integrity

the offer letter should always include the amount of vacation days along with the salary. Hospira's offer letter didn't but because my manager verbally told me three weeks and it seemed the industry average for a seasoned rep, I didn't ask to have it in writing, big mistake!!!! Happy to tell you that I moved on to a real job with a real salary and bonus, stock options and trustworthy management. Costly mistake Hospira, all the training, $50.00 expensed dinners etc... Hospira is awful, it wants high end reps but cheap? How do they get high end reps? Lie, Lie and Lie about bonus potential and benefits. FYI: Think Twice!!!!

And just why do you suppose it is not company policy to put it in writing?
    Of course it’s not an integrity issue!
    They just don’t want to be caught in their lies!

If you want to see where this company is headed, go straight to the training department. You will be treated like a new college graduate on your first job. Would you believe part of the training is how to dress and shine your shoes!!!!! Not to mention that all important training tool - ROLE PLAYING.

As for ACCSS division, selling specialty pharma and medical devices is like mixing oil and water. Either do one or the other. My guess is they will sell off precedex to another company. I hear sales have been flat for a long time. Just my opinion(sp)? and prob. not worth a cup of coffee.

Speaking of lies, a recent grad of hospira recently was asked by the big D himself if he had even read the accd job description. Well big D yes we all did we read it online before applying, we had it explained to us in our interviews (by you), and oh my yes it even had a pay range of 65,000 to 75,000 next to it online, and you my even you yes you big D said that was the range in the interview. Did you read the job description big D?

The offer online and through a recruiter is 65 to 75. However they always offer below 65 when it gets down to it. Only the dex reps got the real range.

These bastards knew when they hired us they were taking dex away from us. that is why they did not send us to dex training last year. lying bastards! integrity my ass!

The problem is they stated in interviews to multiple new hires that they would have 3 weeks vacation and then reniged after hiring. They also posted a pay range of 65,000 to 75,000 online and to recruiters. They reinforced this financial commitment during interviews then offered less than the stated minimum and would not negotiate. They stated we were paid on dex then they pulled that. They said we would take billing over dex reps and now we are used as clinical support.

Anything else you want to know?

plain and simple,

if your considering taking a device job with hospira DONT
    if you already are a device rep with hospira QUIT

if you take the job your taking less pay and for a clinical support position

if you have taken the job you will quickly learn there are better opportunities out there

good luck and good bye

Either way for either rep you can say what you want - the truth remains the accd reps have been shit on from day one - they left because they were paid less than the detail reps - they made less than the detail reps for sedline - they were promised one pay range and paid less - they were told they would be paid on dex and they were not - so spin it how you like - they just got tired of being lied to and being number 2 to detail reps -

what I do not understand is the hatred directed at the two - so they left so what - who can blame them - it sounds like a bunch of detail reps who get to have their cake and eat it to whining –

Preach on brother! DO NOT TAKE THE DEVICE JOB! If you are going to work for the Hospira Critical Care Division then do so as a "Detail Rep" they are coddled by the pharma heave admin and they actually get paid better than true sales people (device reps) they also get paid on every thing (dex, sedline, asc, disposables, etc) unlike the true sales people (device reps) and they do not have all the travel and bs to put up with.

A large part of the problem is that the critical care mgmt are all old pharma people and the cater to the same! They do not know how to manage, motivate or pay true sales people (device reps) who are really doing all of the work and expected to promote dex and not get paid for it.

Whats up with SALESFARCE.BOMB?

Its worthless most reps I have talked to make shit up just to meet their numbers.

Now they want to micro manage the device reps on it.

Another example of the lack of direction and understanding of true sales people.

They one again have denigrated true sales professionals to the level of detail reps i.e. signature chasers!

Do not take the device job with hospira! If you know what is good for you!

This position will in short order be a career destroyer as other companies realize how you are managed and treated. Reputable device companies do not hire pharma reps as a rule and that is what Hospira and its integrity will make you!

SALESFARCE.BOMB ---- This is truly one of the worst systems ever.
    I've worked for several companies using different measurement systems. The best ones were the one's that kept it simple. This one is a logistical nightmare. Bottom line____Hospira got conned into purchasing $$$$$ a system that does not work. Now management is forcing the sales force to make it work. Have fun spending your weekends catching up.

Screw That! I am not giving up one more weekend for this crappy company or sales force. I see some office days in my future. Weekly reports, monthly reports, expense reporting and now sales farce . bomb, well to hell with that. They do not pay the device people enough to give up any more time! So screw you Hospira for now on I only travel during the week and between the hours of 9 and 5 and I think I will need Mondays and Fridays now to keep up with this crappy program!

Thats all for now folks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So things really suck for the device guys?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DUH!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread will survive. V

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What has been written here is the Truth. This truth shall survive.

Remember the 5ht of November.

Signed,

V

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

V

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok what is this supposed to mean?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In all seriousness V. you need to do everyone including yourself a favor and move on!!!! My guess is that you have little to no confidence in yourself, interview poorly due to poor sales numbers and lack leadership skills.

I moved on last summer once the veil was lifted in training (corporate culture, corporate integrity, reality of income potential) after 8 months and my base in now in the mid 90's with 3 weeks vacation in the higher paying specialty field. Not bragging when it's true. Grow some and get out. The time you spent trashing the lame company could've been spent updating your resume and interviewing. Pray to God to help you out of that hole!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any possibility that V. might not need a job? Your guess might be totally wrong. Quit preaching others what to do. Read what you like to, a choice you can make.

By the way, would you like to explain a little about:
    a) your “training (corporate culture, corporate integrity, reality of income potential)”
    b) “my base in now in the mid 90's with 3 weeks vacation in the higher paying specialty field. Not bragging when it's true.”

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have talked with 3 reps in the field that say they love Hospira. They love their manager and the job. They have been with the company a really long time and enjoy what they are doing. I know this is cafe pharma and you get the competition on here as well and unhappy employees. But from an outsider this seems like a really cool position. So for the ones on here what is the problem with Hospira?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the posts to see if you can figure out an answer. Try the threads “Rats Leaving the Ship”, “Why do we stay?”, “IMHO”, “Mayne Pharma reps not a threat”, “Hospira EEOC Investigations”, …, even “Welcome to the Hospira board” ...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no way dude/dudette this company is a joke. low margin crap and salt water
    lousy medical low base/bonus .heres how it works here. the more you do the more they expect from you.the slackers (usually real ass kissers and rats )
    kiss ass and fuck off. horrible place to work. i will go along with your phony post to "get a laugh" you think we dont know the morons by the content of thier posts. nice try chump !!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a really long time with hsp ? sorry dickhead but the company was spun in 2004. PS keep us laughing w phoney posts .

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not a phony post. Seriously!!! The reps I know have been with the company with all the changes of being bought by Abbott and before that time. They love the company, their management, and they say great things. They do not claim to post on CP. But I read such bad things on here which is completely opposite of what I have been told.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

take the job you will love it !! no layoffs coming here

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospira had 14,000+ employees when spun off Abbott in May 2004. How many does it have now, including 2,000 Mayne employees? Where did the thousands go?

Hospira does not have the decency to even let go its employees properly; John Arnott’s case is merely a tip of icebergs. Layoff is too expensive; forcing them out after use is not only cost-effective but also safer to do, considering the on-going class action lawsuit. That's the core value, the unwritten policy followed company-wide.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry a bad company no matter what any one says. device position is the worst. Still here because the recruiters know what a joke this position is believe me im trying to leave.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is fine. Your grammar sucks. Recruiters aren't interested in you because you suck. Try electrocution.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I THOUGHT THE "THREE STOOGES" WERE DEAD . YOU ARE SOOOOO FULL OF SHIT ! ARE THEY YOUR "GOOD BUDDYS" HMMMM I THOUGHT SO

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey i got some awesome land in mississippi i can sell you cheap. freaking moron !!! company is "fine" haaaa haaaaa what a crock of shit. nice try nitwit